Turn off spotify connect?

Highlighted

Re: Turn off spotify connect?

Seriously what is this **bleep**? I haved used spotify for 2 years at home and at the gym with 0 Issues, but earlier tonight it randomly kept connecting to something calledd ROX. I found it was due to Spotify Connect and from ehat I read so far about Spotify Connect it cannot be turned off... is this some kind of early april fools joke from Spotify? It allows me to click on "Listen On This Phone" but 5 seconds later the music stops and connects to something at the gym using Spotify Connect over and over again. What is the point of asking if i want to listen to the music on my phone if will keep wanting to connect using Spotify Connect instead? How do I turn this **bleep** feature off? Is Spotify trying to send customers to Apple Music or something?
Highlighted

I had someone else's (a random person) playlist start playing on my phone this morning. I have ONLY 1 account, have never shared it. I somehow worked out that I had to go tothe website and logout of everything. That worked. For now.

Highlighted

This issue still persists, happened to me at work (I had my Bluetooth on and was using the office WiFi, but listening to a playlist I had downloaded to my phone). Previously it has only occured while I was at home on my WiFi with Bluetooth also on. The only devices that have Spotify are: andrpid cellphone, apple ipad, and windows computer.

Not sure why this problem is still going after being known for multiple years. I mean, really, it's been FOUR YEARS since OP.

SUGGESTED POSTS