Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two fairly major iOS app bugs

Two fairly major iOS app bugs

As an extensive user of the iOS app, for sometimes over 8 hours a day, I have noticed two fairly irritating bugs that are seriously impacting the user experience.

Firstly, I keep repeat and shuffle on, so that my playlist loops randomly. This randomly turns off on iOS! It'll work fine for up to a couple of weeks and then randomly reset to both being off with seemingly no explaination? This is hugely infuriating as I am often driving when this happens and thus cant unlock my phone to rectify.

The second issue is even more annoying. The app uses the same shuffle order as it had done previously. Let me explain with an example. I drive to work in the morning and my playlist is happily shuffling. I then arrive at work and switch over to Spotify on my mac and listen normally for the whole day. I leave work to drive home, open Spotify on my iPhone and choose any random song and start driving. When that song finishes, Spotify then goes to the first song that I had started playing when I drove to work and begins replaying all the songs I had heard that morning. What gives? I can't explain how infuriating that is, again, I'm driving so can't do anything about it.

These have both been issues for well over 6 months now, and being that I'm an iOS developer myself and I know how bug backlogs work, I gave it chance to be resolved itself, this hasn't happend, so I'm raising the issue.

Interested to know if anyone else sees the same problems?

FAO Spotify dev team: If you need any further info from me, device attributes, system logs etc then please let me know.

0 Replies

Suggested posts