Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UPDATED THE APP TO LATEST AND SPOTIFY NOW NOT PLAY THROUGH CAR SPEAKERS VIA BLUETOOTH VW

UPDATED THE APP TO LATEST AND SPOTIFY NOW NOT PLAY THROUGH CAR SPEAKERS VIA BLUETOOTH VW

Plan PREMUIM 

Premium

Country AUSTRALIA

Device I PHONE 6 

Operating System iOS 11.3

My Question or Issue : Speakers via bluetooth in my VW EOS 2012 no longer play music. Spotify however is showing on my car screen as is track playing etc. I phone 6 connecting fine and calls come through speakers. But not spotify via blue tooth since new version up date. Spotify chat assistant tells me its VW but I not been near VW with car for 12 months plus friends phone that has previous software version (not updated) plays fine through my car spekars via blue tooth when I connect today . All worked ok yesterday with the pervious spotify app version on my iphone 6 but not now with latest. 

1 Reply

I should have added that yes I unistalled the app and reinstalled , logged out and back in, rebooted my iphone 6..but same problem persists since installing latest app version. The newest version must have a glitch that makes it not compatible with blue tooth VW resulting in no music playing through the speakers . Cannot see how VW have caused this in the last 24 hours as the only change has been intsalling the latest up to date app on my iphone6. Do I now cancel spotify as I have no speakar music when driving. Even tried a direct auxillary cable into my car from my i phone. Same problem , no music just an electrical hiss through spekars whilst songs playing still appear on car display and can be operated.

Suggested posts