Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UX: Can't choose previous song when last playlist song playback is done.

UX: Can't choose previous song when last playlist song playback is done.

My scenario is this:

• I hear a song I like.
  • I add it to my 'offline' playlist.
  • Listen to it again and again and again and again.

Because the song is last on my playlist, when playback is done Spotify 'jumps' to the first playlist song, and then if you press the 'previous song' button - nothing happes, forcing me to have to unlock my device, scroll all the way down to the playlist, and hit play again.

I'm not sure why Spotify goes to the first playlist song when the last song is done - can't we just stop playback, but stay on the last song.

Also, why in stop mode one cannot go from the first to last and vice versa?

3 Replies

Can you not just use the repeat one functionality? From the now playing screen, tap the repeat button twice to get the 1 symbol then the same track will just loop.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well...

The user choice of repeating the song is made at the end, not the begining of the song.

You hear a song, it emotionaly moves you, and you decide to hear it again.

Sometimes I play the last song to my 2-year old daugther, and when it finishes see says 'more, more', which in her toddler language means she'd like to hear it again.

I'm a UXer. Just forward this to your UX team - they'll make perfect sense of it.

Again, not sure if it is really what you are looking for but I noticed over the weekend this does work normally if you have playlist repeat on (so it plays the first track again).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts