Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Play Song with new update

Unable to Play Song with new update

Hi! I' ve been using spotify for a while and i haven't had a problem until the new spotify update came out in 3rd October. After my Ipad 3 automatically updated the spotify i couldn't play any of the songs, when i tried to play them a box showed up where was written "Unable to Play Song", what should i do to fix it? By the way, my ipad is running on Ios 7.1.2
image.jpg
12 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome at the Spotify Community! 

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

You may also try to fix it by reinstalling Spotify. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

So I logged out and in, reinstalled, and it still says unable to play on my mac, keep in mind that there was nothing on this mac yet and it still didnt work...and if I log in on other computers mac or pc it works just fine, so I know for sure it's just my laptop

I'm experiencing this same problem but with my iphone.  Happened on both an iPhone 4 and my newly bought iPhone 6.  I deleted the app, reinstalled it, resynced my songs...didn't help.  It's not specific to locally synced tracks....randomly a HUGE portion of my library just will not play on my phone anymore.  I get the exact same "unable to play song" popup error message.  This only started a week or so ago so it must be related to a recent update.

i'm having the same issue; had to have my iphone6 replaced for technical issues; now mostly my local files won't play and i get the "unable to play song" error message.

i've tried signing out/in; restarting; unsyncing local files and re-syncing (on my computer it just says pending when i try to sync).

any thoughts?

I'm experiencing the same or similar problem. After updating to iPhone 6, and resyncing my library, I now get "Unable to play song" message when I try to play many (but not all) of my "local files" on my phone. These songs play normally on my desktop, but something is stopping them from playing on my iPhone. These songs were previously playing on my iPhone 5, prior to updating my phone.

@mrpark01 @user-removed 

There is a current bug that causes any local files with (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to not be synced.

It is likely that because of the recent Spotify update to the iOS app, the local files will not sync due to this bug.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I recently got an iPhone 6 and I had the same problem, I changed my streaming to normal and now it works

Thanks Benji_Vyke, switching the streaming quality to Normal fixed the problem for me. The "Unable to play song" message myet be due to them no longer supporting premium audio quality for free users. It would be nice if the delevopers created a more descriptive message than this so we don't have to go on a treasure hunt to find the answer.

It would be nice if the delevopers created a more descriptive message than this so we don't have to go on a treasure hunt to find the answer.
"Loving This comment "

Is there a solution to this problem? Just bought an iPhone 6 and my 5 didn't have this problem but my 6 does. 

Ally's

I pay for premium and still had to turn this down which is really disappointing. 

Same issue just started happening to me! iPhone 6; signed in, signed out; re-installed. All of it. There isn't a pattern to the songs, some just won't play. Kinda sad cause I love this app

Suggested posts