Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Share Music Via FB Messenger

Unable to Share Music Via FB Messenger

I'm using an iPhone 6s on iOS 10.3.3 with the latest version of Spotify, and I keep having issues with sharing tracks via Facebook Messenger. If I only share the track to one person (without writing a message with it) the track will go through ok. However, if I send a track to multiple people (without a message) only one person receives it. Everyone else just gets a blank image from Spotify with a red exclaimation next to it. If I include any text with a shared track it will ONLY share a blank image with a red explaination next to it. I've tried deleting and reinstalling Spotify, Facebook and Facebook Messenger, but that didn't help.

I also spent about an hour online chatting with a Spotify agent to troubleshoot this latest night to no avail.

Essentially, the overall consensus was that it's an iOS glitch between Spotify and Facebook Messenger, and she said that she'd be routing our conversation up the chain to get it addressed.

That being said, I also wanted to start this thread to see how many other iOS users are experiencing this issue with the hopes that enough "Kudos" will get it resolved faster.

I currently know that myself, my friend and his wife all have this same issue. My friend and his wife both have the iPhone 6 with the current version of iOS, so between the three of us that covers two different platforms.

I'm curious if it's only effecting certain iPhone models, so if you're also experiencing this issue please include your the model of your iPhone too.

Thanks!
IMG_5024.PNG
IMG_5027.PNG
2 Replies

Currently having this issue on a Samsung galaxy s10. Shares via fb messenger say they sent but don't actually send anything.

Hey @Averin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue.  It's a good idea to give the steps mentioned in the Status Update a go. 

In case the issue persists, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread, to stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts