Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Sync ANYTHING

Unable to Sync ANYTHING

I'm on an iPhone 5, iOS 6.1, with the newest Spotify version.

I am unable to sync any music of any kind.  The circular progress icon just keeps spinning, and never stops.  This is not for local files, but music on Spotify.

I uninstalled Spotify, and reinstalled it.  Selected "Available Offline" on my Starred playlist, and it syncs all the songs currently in the playlist.  As soon as I add a new song, it just hangs.

Also, I don't have over 3,000 files stored, much less than that.

8 Replies

Hi,

Are you on wifi or 2/3/4G LTE? It's best to sync over wifi as it's safest and most reliable.

If once you've added the song you physically go into the playlist and play the song, does it sync then? I had this issue and I found that fixed my problem when I had it.

Also, even though they are not local files sometimes they sync better if you have your iPhone connected under 'Devices' in Spotify desktop.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes, I am on wifi.

I have also disabled wifi, and selected 'Sync over 2g/3g' to see if that would work but it doesn't.

I've tried to play the song.  It will play, but continues to not sync.

I am on the same wifi network as my computer, so my iPhone shows up under Devices in Spotify.  Still nothing.

Honestly, if I can't get this resolved, I will cancel my premium subscription.  My Data Plan cant sustain constant streaming of these songs.

Hi,

Just to let you know I have escalated this to the Spotify staff to check if they know abot this bug; as I am also experiencing this every so often (It seems to fix itself though for me). Hopefully they'll get back to you soon and if it is a known bug for many users, fix it 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I have a similar problem which I posted here.  Thank you for escalating this.  I do think this is a bug.

.mjb

Same here!

I have just deleted the song that "caused" the problem and gave it another try.

After going through this procedure several times everything worked perfectly again...

Thought it was just a minor bug but it seems to be a quite common problem.

Any news?

@chad_muska wrote:

Same here!

I have just deleted the song that "caused" the problem and gave it another try.

After going through this procedure several times everything worked perfectly again...

Thought it was just a minor bug but it seems to be a quite common problem.

Any news?

I was pointed to this bug thread.  Looks like they have an open bug for this.

.mjb

Agreed!  Same problem!  I've found that deleting and then reinstalling the app sometimes fixes the problem briefly.  It helped to at least get all my songs downloaded, but if I want to add another song to an offline playist, I have to delete and reinstall... again!

From my rudimentary troubleshooting ability, it seems Spotify gets hung up on local files.

If you uninstall/reinstall, then attempt to sync a playlist with both Spotify, and local music files, Spotify will sync everything, but once its finished, it will refuse to sync anything else, local files or otherwise.

A temporary work around is after you reinstall the app, sync only playlists with NO local files in them, and Spotify should be able to sync subsequent playlists after that.

Problem is, my Starred Playlist is 300+ songs and an even mix of Spotify and local music files.  This is the main playlist I want to sync to my phone.

The iOS app has had issues with syncing local files since version 1, it's time some serious troubleshooting went into fixing them.

Suggested posts