Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to choose AirPods using Spotify through

Solved!

Unable to choose AirPods using Spotify through

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Apple Watch

Operating System

watchOS 7.3.2

My Question or Issue

Hi,

It has been severals weeks since I no longer see my AirPods connected to Apple Watch through Spotify app. Basically, when I try to switch the audio output, only my iPhone and Apple Watch are visible. AirPods are still operating for other apps like Apple Music or Apple Podcast. Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Matteoo

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind reinstalling the Spotify app on your watch as well to check if that makes the difference?

Also, could you try unpairing and pairing again your AirPods to your watch? When using your AirPods to listen from your watch through Spotify's Connect, make sure that both devices are on the same network.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hi there @Matteoo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

As a first step, could you try logging out from your account, restarting your phone and watch, and logging back in? It's also worth unpairing your AirPods from your phone and pairing them again.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. Make sure to also reinstall it on your watch.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry to say that, but it didn’t work. I’ve done everything you suggested. Is there any other action I can do?

Hey @Matteoo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We'd recommend making sure that your devices are on the same network connection. 

You could also try a factory reset on your watch to see if this helps.

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, It didn't work out. In both cases.
Marked as solution

Hey there @Matteoo

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind reinstalling the Spotify app on your watch as well to check if that makes the difference?

Also, could you try unpairing and pairing again your AirPods to your watch? When using your AirPods to listen from your watch through Spotify's Connect, make sure that both devices are on the same network.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ho Eni,

I tried both of them, even after the factory reset.

Hey @Matteoo,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

Can you double-check so you haven’t reached the maximum number of devices you can pair at any one time.

You also may need to select the device you’re pairing to as the default for your device. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings.

Also, can you confirm if you don't get sound through the headphones only when you're playing through the watch or just mobile?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same problem. I have tried everything and nothing worked. I found that the Spotify app can't connect to my AirPods directly when my iPhone is not with me or when I I deactivate bluetooth on my phone. It's like the Spotify app can only connect to my AirPods from my phone and not the Bluetooth from the AirPods. That's my guess.  I use Apple Music now.

same problem. Airpods literally won't show up on the Spotify app in my apple watch se. Might have to go to Apple Music, or 

Same problem. Can not see headphones in the device list. Shown as connected on Bluetooth list on watch and able to use with other apps. Just does not work with Spotify.

exact same issue with me. AirPods don't show up as an output device on the Spotify app on the Apple Watch. I've also had to use Apple Music due to this

Same here too. Tried everything - frustrating. I also just upgraded to Watch Ultra, same issue. In fact if I select downloads in the watch app, the app crashes and takes me back to time. Using all latest gear and OS.  
also, why should this issue as “Solved” when clearly it isn’t?

Same here. I turned off the cell on the watch, on the same network. Installed Spotify again and nothing.

Hey guys! Just got an Apple Watch purely for listening to music whilst exercising and I can’t get my speaker OR air pods to show in the device list. Must be a glitch but I’m super peeved off about it. Any fixes yet??? 

Hi folks, 

for anyone experiencing this issue, could you send us the following info:

• Your phone model + OS version
  • Spotify app version
  • AirPods model
  • Can you connect the AirPods to another device, like your computer or another phone and use them with Spotify

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same exact issue with me as discussed by everyone above— I’ve tried everything! 
iPhone 14 pro iOS 16.0.1

just updated my Spotify app 

AirPods model 1

use the AirPods on every device with Spotify - iPhone, MacBook Pro, etc. just won’t work on watch! 
the AirPods connect to my podcast app on my watch but will not show up as an option on Spotify. 

Hey @Nataliepalmy,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please try updating your device's OS version to the latest one available and see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I had the same issue. Unpairing and then pairing the AirPods again solved it.

ParacelsusZwickl is correct however,  to be specific, you must turn Bluetooth off on your phone and unpair and pair directly from AirPods to your Watch.   Hold the button on the back of the AirPods case until you see a flashing white light while in the Bluetooth app on your watch; it should come up.  Once paired directly from your Watch to your Airpods, reboot your Watch.   If it doesn't play, but you see it at this point in Spotify, reboot your cellular.   This worked for me.  

Suggested posts