Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to choose the song I want to play

Unable to choose the song I want to play

I recently had to update my Spotify app after resetting my phone. When I'm out I have a large playlist I use to play music off of. Before I had troubles with it, but not like this:

• The shuffle button simply does not work. When I press it, the song carries on, but everything else about the app freezes
  • If I go to search for a song and play it, and press shuffle (the only time it DOES work), I'm only given all the songs that fit my search criteria. Even if I go back and can see I'm in the rest of the playlist, if I searched let's say "Radiohead", my queue is only made of Radiohead songs, when it shouldn't be
  • If I choose a song to play out of my queue, it literally chooses a different song to play instead, regardless of position. Sometimes it will jump three spaces, sometimes it will choose a song that's not even on the screen.

All with the usual slow and prone to freezing behaviour. Most of the time I can only play one song before I have to reset the app. Admittedly my playlist is very large, but maybe you should actually accomodate for that. 

4 Replies

bump

bump..................

Bump! It's happening to me too! On my own playlists, I can pick the song, I'll see the album cover pop up, and then it immediately skips to something else on the playlist. It's doing this when I try to pick songs on premade playlists and on my own playlists, as well as on artist pages and and albums. It'll sometimes do it with more than half of the songs.

I have been a free user for some time & have been very happy with Spotify. Now it seems I cannot play the exact tracks that I select, Spotify now decides which tracks it will play! I can also no longer skip a track in an album! Beginning to wonder what the point of free Spotify is now. I don't mind the adverts but I'd like to be able to play the tracks that I want to listen to! Free Spotify uninstall looming!

Suggested posts