Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to connect

Unable to connect

Can someone please help. I'm getting random login errors on both my Mac Book Pro (running Lion) and my my iPad v3 running the latest version of IOS. On the MBP it reports as error 117. On the iPad it just says "connecting". I have rebooted my router several times (sometimes this makes it work sometimes it doesn't), I have reinstalled the apps on both systems (again sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). I have rebooted both devices multiple times (usually this DOESNT work) I have had Bluetooth turn on and off to try and isolate whether this could be an issue. I'm at my wits end with this randomly happening at least a few times a day.
I'm a premium user and this only really happened after the last update. I also have a roku with the app installed and this is fine

Thanks

Tim
6 Replies

@Gsybloke Does it work fine with your cellular connection? Can you try to connect your MBP directly to the modem (bypassing the router?). Usually some routers block the connection..

If you use iPad Air - try to use your cellular connection to see how it goes?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

It's a wifi only iPad. The router is router/modem combined. It's been perfect up until the past two weeks or so. And I have made no changes to the router itself

@Gsybloke I see - have you tried on your mobile? Or can you restart your modem/router?

You can install Spotify on your mobile device and see how it goes? I don't get connecting issues here for the most part, so its alright. - I'm trying to find if there are other external factors in your area affecting this.

I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Have restarted router multiple times sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't. Looking at the forums this looks like a spreading issue and not just confined to myself. I know Error 117 is meant to be a client side issue but it looks like it isn't. Btw my roku connection works fine and access my music perfectly all the time.

@Gsybloke That's absurd. I have a feeling that your router is blocking one of the connections, are you able to connect via cellular data?

If not it could be easily isolated to the wifi issues you are having. Probably you should get your modem and router checked by your ISP.
I'm here to shuffle!

Whats abusrd? This has been working perfectly up to about last week. I have made no changes on my router. The fact that I get logged in sometimes would indicate that despite the message this is a login server issue. Look on the forums there are quite a few having the same issue.

Suggested posts