Unable to keep screen awake when playing music in foreground and plugged in

Highlighted

Unable to keep screen awake when playing music in foreground and plugged in

Regular

I've always had my iphone plugged in in my car listening to spotify (as the foreground app) as I drive and the screen has always stayed awake...untill about a week ago.

Now, when my iphone is plugged in and playing spotify (as the foreground app) the screen turns off as per my usual 30 second sleep time. Google maps still seems to be able to keep my screen awake when it's being used and plugged in in my car, as usual, but Spotify has stopped working!

What has changed, was this part of Spotify update, was it always a bug for me, or is the new behaviour a bug?

I really want to keep my screen awake (when it's plugged in) and playing!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unable to keep screen awake when playing music in foreground and plugged in

Composer

Hi @Justinseals,

Hope you are doing well. This has indeed changed. A workaround would be to change auto-lock to "never" under your phone settings. It's not a very elegant solution, and you would likely have to remember to change it when you're not driving. If you'd like to see this feature come back, I would suggest adding a new idea over at the Idea Exchange. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I hope this at least answers some of the questions you had. 

-Dani

Casual Listener

Preventing auto lock at the system level is unacceptable and for those of us with managed devices, impossible.

please restore this functionality Spotify!

Highlighted

Visitor

Agree! This is so annoying to have to wake up and unlock the screen when you want to do anything. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!! 

SUGGESTED POSTS