Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log into spotify app on iphone or ipad. But, no prob logging in to web

Solved!

Unable to log into spotify app on iphone or ipad. But, no prob logging in to web

I have tried everything - reseting password,, re loading app, restarting phone. I either get error code 404 or I am told it is incorrect password. Yet when I log into spotify on the web (not using app) I get in no problem.
Thanks in advance if someone knows what I can do to fix this!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks again! Here is the response from the support team. It seems that I was just to use the first part of my email address not the whole address. (firstname.lastname@gmail.com but only use firstname.lastname to log in) As I had not selected a user name I just assumed I would input my whole email address.
Nice to see they respond so quickly...within a few hours!!

The whole email from support follows:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you’re having problems logging in with your username and password. Here’s what to do:
Please make sure you log in using 'firstname.lastname' as username instead of your email.
To have your password reset, please head over here and enter your email address then click Send. Note: If this page asks you to confirm your old password (it’s not supposed to do that!), please open the page in a different browser or in a private browsing session.
Wait for the reset link to be emailed to you (check your spam folder to see if it’s hiding there).
Open the link and choose a new password.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Does this article help at all?

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Problems-logging-in-to-Spotify
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks I had seen this and had already tried the tips. Still no luck getting in via the app but no probe with the website.

Have you read this too?

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Error-code-404

Otherwise you'll probably have to contact support.
MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks again and yes, I had tried those tips too. I will try to find the link to contact support. The website suggested I ask the forum first. Deanne

You're welcome

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Thanks again! Here is the response from the support team. It seems that I was just to use the first part of my email address not the whole address. (firstname.lastname@gmail.com but only use firstname.lastname to log in) As I had not selected a user name I just assumed I would input my whole email address.
Nice to see they respond so quickly...within a few hours!!

The whole email from support follows:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you’re having problems logging in with your username and password. Here’s what to do:
Please make sure you log in using 'firstname.lastname' as username instead of your email.
To have your password reset, please head over here and enter your email address then click Send. Note: If this page asks you to confirm your old password (it’s not supposed to do that!), please open the page in a different browser or in a private browsing session.
Wait for the reset link to be emailed to you (check your spam folder to see if it’s hiding there).
Open the link and choose a new password.

Glad to hear you got it working!
MattSudaSpotify Star

Sorry to bother you. I have tried to log I and it keeps saying error 404. I have tried everything that you said on your site, but to no avail. Can you reset it for me please.

Have tried exactlty this route been sent link - changed password - gone back and tied to log in with same result error 404 !!!

Hi
I had this problem too
I worked out that I didn't need to use my full email address , but my first and last name
I got 2 emails to reset password
But on both occasions
Didn't use 6 letters
I did use An upper case , 2. Numbers and a symbol
????
Thanks liz

Happened before. Use your firstname.lastname as username then reset password.

Suggested posts