Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 7+

Operating System

iOs 12.1 Beta

My Question or Issue

I’ve been trying to stream Angerfist - The Desecrated (Radical Redemption Remix) since it came out yesterday but i’m not able to..

I can click on it how ever many times I want to but it doesn’t play, just like a grey track but this one was released yesterday and my friends are able to stream it ever since..

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I fixed it!!

I noticed I had this problem with more of the main artists tracks. I decided to follow him just as a shot in the dark and boom I could play the song, even after I unfollowed him again! It fixed all the tracks I couldn’t play!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Please note that you're on a Beta software, which is yet not released 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Excuse me for not mentioning..

Already have done a clean reset, already restarted the phone..

Spotify Version: 8.4.74.328

iOS 12.1 Beta Profile (as stated in the “software update” tab in settings)

And I reckon if having a beta version is the problem, that I would’nt be unable to play different songs either.. But both my 1000+ songs playlists are perfectly fine it’s just that specific song.

I will still try to revert back to the latest public release just to rule things out! (Edit: Sadly unable to downgrade from the beta to the public release..)

Thanks in advance!!

Hey @Itsbxnm,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Could you try it with another network connection or Spotify account to see if that helps?

I’ve just now tried it on my laptop aswell, doensn’t play on there.. Tried it on my 4G, Home Network and Local WIFI networks and neither of them allowed me to listen to the song..

I’ve also had multiple friends try to play it and it’s fine for them...

Also looked into my settings for any restrictions as in explicit content but it’s all on “allowed” so that shouldn’t stand in the way of me playing the song.

I’m not sure what else I can try..

Thanks in advance!!

Marked as solution

I fixed it!!

I noticed I had this problem with more of the main artists tracks. I decided to follow him just as a shot in the dark and boom I could play the song, even after I unfollowed him again! It fixed all the tracks I couldn’t play!

Suggested posts