Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play album

Unable to play album

I was listening to a playlist I have saved to my phone and noticed that two albums are being skipped entirely when I try to listen to them. (Specifically, I have an R.E.M. playlist and I'm unable to listen to Out of Time.) The songs are listed in the playlist, but they do not have the green arrow indicated that they have been downloaded. When I select Go To Album and try to play the first track, it looks like it tries to play all the songs and skips to the end, never playing any of them. I have the same problem with the album Monster, but I am able to play the first track, for some reason. Any ideas as to what might be going on? Thanks for your help.
4 Replies

Hey there @Jonkleinow and welcome to the Community!

Due to certain copyright restrictions and legal requirements, Spotify may not always have every song available for listening. Songs and albums are generally removed or not allowed to be added because of a request from either the artist or the recording company.

Is there something missing that you were expecting to see? Go ahead and submit a request here to find out about missing content.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't appear that the album is no longer available, however. I just tested on my Mac and I was able to play a song from the Out of Time album on my R.E.M. playlist. It's only on my iPhone that I am unable to play songs from this album.

Interestingly, while I could play songs from this album on my computer, I opened Spotify on my phone and pressed "Play on this device," the song stopped playing and it skipped to the next album. Subsequently, I cannot play the album on my computer either. The same happens with the album Monster. But both albums still show up in the list of albums available from R.E.M. Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I checked on my son's iPod, and he is able to play songs from Out of Time. He has a separate Spotify account. He has a free account and I have a Premium account. So the problem seems limited to my account, for some reason.

Sorry for the delay!

Very unique. I'm assuming the accounts are registered in the same country. 

At this point, I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts