Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play at all

Unable to play at all

Since a few days ago I suddenly can't play any song.

Every time I click Shuffle Play at any list, a message pops up saying "Song is not sync. If you have this song, you can sync it from a computer."

(I am running Chinese version so the above message is a translation.)

Tried restart iPhone 6, re-install Spotify, register and use a new account...

Nothing works...

3 Replies

Hello! Welcome to the community!

I'm guessing you're a premium user and that you're trying to listen to Local Files from your computer. Looks like the song files got deleted somehow. You can re-sync these songs following the steps below:

1. Make sure both your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi network;
  2. Open the Spotify app both on your iPhone and your computer;
  3. Your iPhone should be listed under the "Devices" tab on the side bar. Click its name;.
  4. If needed, click "Sync this device". Select either "Sync all music" or "Manually select playlists" on the top of the page;
  5. Make sure to mark the checkbox under "Local Files" if you didn't chose to sync all music;
  6. Wait for the sync to finish.

When I'm syncing my phone, I like set Auto-Lock to Never, since the sync stops if the screen locks. To disable Auto-Lock, go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock. You can set it back to your preferred lock delay as soon as the sync is finished.

Also, it's recommended that you have at least 1GB of free space on your phone in order to use Offline Tracks and Local Files. If you're running out of space, iOS often deletes Spotify's cache in order to clear storage.

No, I have never used the feature of offline music. I always play a random song list. The error message shows after I click a song list.

Now I can't play any music at all.

What song are you trying to play?

Also, are the songs greyed out? If they are, it means they're not available to play anymore.

Suggested posts