Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play or download Episodes from a specific Podcast across multiple devices

Solved!

Unable to play or download Episodes from a specific Podcast across multiple devices

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 12 mini / iPad 7th Gen

Operating System

iOS 15.2

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play or download episodes from a specific podcast (Guardian Football Weekly).

When I select 'Play' on an episode, nothing happens. When I select 'Download', the 'Downloading' icon appears but the progress circle does nothing.

Also in 'Your Library' section, the top Downloading bar either remains at 0 of 1, or flashes between 'Downloading', 'Completed', and disappearing from the screen.

I have done the following:

- Tried to download the podcast onto both iPhone 12 mini and iPad 7th Gen but neither worked

- Closed and restarted the app on both iPhone and iPad, which has not worked

- Turning the iPhone / iPad on and off again

I am unwilling to uninstall and reinstall the app on my iPhone as this means I would need to re-download all my music, which is time consuming and a drain on the battery life.

All other podcasts download without any issue, so it is not an issue with the WiFi connection.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

IMG_6729.PNG
IMG_6730.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We tried this on our end and we were able to listen to the podcast you mentioned. 

@alextaylor_444, great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases. We suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in again to your account on your devices twice in a row. If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your devices to check if the issue persists with a different account?

@irishsteve87, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Also, we'd like to know if the issue persists with a different internet connection. 

@Renolio11could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. Additionally, we'd like to know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device.

@Shaybeer, could you let us know if this also happens in the desktop app on your PC or only in the web player? Additionally, we'd like to know when this issue started happening. 

@Mcnamee93, could you let us know on which devices have you already tried listening to the podcast? Also, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I have now uninstall and reinstall the app on my iPad, but the issue still persists.

I am having the same issue. This is occurring on web browser (Chrome), iOS and my Android box.
I have deleted/reinstalled the app and the issue still happens. All other podcasts appear to be working fine except for Football Weekly

I have the same. Tried everything on both phone and laptop. 

Could listen this morning and now nothing. 

Very annoying.

Same here, unable to play or download the Football Weekly podcast , either on iOS or on windows when I use Firefox. 

I’m having the same issue - thought I was going nuts. Seems to be completely unplayable. All other music works fine, other podcasts too. Have tried logging off, deleting app, restarting phone.

Marked as solution

Hey folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We tried this on our end and we were able to listen to the podcast you mentioned. 

@alextaylor_444, great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases. We suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in again to your account on your devices twice in a row. If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your devices to check if the issue persists with a different account?

@irishsteve87, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Also, we'd like to know if the issue persists with a different internet connection. 

@Renolio11could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. Additionally, we'd like to know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device.

@Shaybeer, could you let us know if this also happens in the desktop app on your PC or only in the web player? Additionally, we'd like to know when this issue started happening. 

@Mcnamee93, could you let us know on which devices have you already tried listening to the podcast? Also, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@eni

Thanks for the response. You're suggestion to logout and login again worked.

Hi there @alextaylor_444,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having the same issue but only specific episodes are not playing for me on my mobile and web player. I've tried from the same account on other devices, as well as asked folks to play from different accounts. No luck.

These are the episodes I'm having trouble with:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1QMw6SwILC6IVLVpmeAvj6?si=b651fd89050442c0

https://open.spotify.com/episode/59ZTEQLAgWOt0PdwnVhrHS?si=22a245042809409d 

When I click play on just these 2 episodes, the scrubber stays as is the timestamp doesn't change. No audio plays, even though the play button has changed into the pause button.

Have tried a clean reinstall, logging in logging out, and on other devices. Same issue.

I'm on Android version 11 - the phone model is Moto g60. The desktop player seems to be okay. 

On the webplayer, NONE of the podcasts are playing. The play button simply does not respond. I use Chrome.

Hey there @shruthi_nathan

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We checked this on our end and it worked well. 

In this case, would you mind trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to check if it makes the difference?

Also, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Lastly, could you check if the same happens in an incognito window and using a different browser?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

Suggested posts