Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play any songs that I have not liked/saved. If I attempt to play a song that I haven't liked, I can sometimes see the album artwork or background loop, but the song name does not display in the player view and no audio plays. The issue resolves once I like the song.

Please see the attached screen recording. Please note that although it's an .mp4 and I see that file type is supported, and is less than 5 MB, I was only able to upload it as a .zip file for some reason.

This occurs both on WiFi and on 5G data. I would be surprised if this were a connection issue considering that the issue resolves when I like the songs. I've restarted, updated, and reinstalled Spotify with no luck.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Unable to play songs unless I have liked them

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Have you tried using the Sign Out Everywhere option from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS