Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to shuffle songs in playlists on mobile device - autoplays specific genre - iOS 15.5

Solved!

Unable to shuffle songs in playlists on mobile device - autoplays specific genre - iOS 15.5

Recently encountered issues when playing music from my mobile device. I would select a playlist, for example: Rockabilly music, and then wanted to play music from a Heavy Metal playlist. I would put the Heavy Metal playlist in the queue. It would play only one song from that playlist, and then revert back to Rockabilly for every other song. I was able to clear the queue in the desktop version, but I cannot see where or how to achieve this on the mobile device. It's incredibly annoying since I have no other option but to listen to Rockabilly, non stop. 

Plan: Premium

Device

(iPhone 13)

Operating System

(iOS 15.5)

My Question or Issue

How do I make the proper configuration change on the mobile device so that I can alter the playlist queue? How do I return to the "normal state" of being able to elect any genre or playlist, or playlists that are not a single Genre?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After some troubleshooting, logging out from my mobile device, reloading back in and reviewing the playback options, AND clearing the queue several times, I was able to restore playback functionality. I am now able to shuffle effectively and play a variety of genres, as intended, not automatically get Rockabilly playback, non stop. While I love Rockabilly, you just can't listen to it 24 x 7. 😎

Well, you could...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

After some troubleshooting, logging out from my mobile device, reloading back in and reviewing the playback options, AND clearing the queue several times, I was able to restore playback functionality. I am now able to shuffle effectively and play a variety of genres, as intended, not automatically get Rockabilly playback, non stop. While I love Rockabilly, you just can't listen to it 24 x 7. 😎

Well, you could...

Suggested posts