Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unavailable offline song still plays when I am offline

Solved!

Unavailable offline song still plays when I am offline

If I set a song or an artist to be unavailable offline, then why does the song or artist play when I'm offline.

Also, how do I unsync songs or playlists in order to free up memory on my iPhone?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

this is due to the Spotify caches music, to be able to give you a better experience. Usually songs that are made unavailable offline will be removed if the memory is needed. To free up space and make all songs unavailable offline, the solution right now is to reinstall Spotify on your iOS-device. 

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

this is due to the Spotify caches music, to be able to give you a better experience. Usually songs that are made unavailable offline will be removed if the memory is needed. To free up space and make all songs unavailable offline, the solution right now is to reinstall Spotify on your iOS-device. 

Yes, thank you.
I kind of came up with that conclusion myself but I appreciate you verifying it.
I see some old posts about wanting Spotify to create a way to clear cache memory on iPhones.
Do you know if this is going to happen or when it might happen?
I've read that on other smart phone devices you can clear cash in a particular app.
I think that would be a critical improvement to help everybody manage their memory on their iPhone.
Thanks again.

As far as I know Spotify have not implemented a clear cache feature in any of their apps. Although, there is a possibility to clear the cache in Android-smartphones. 

I can anyways agree with you, that it would be a smart feature! 🙂

Suggested posts