Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Undowloading songs in library

Undowloading songs in library

I am on a premium plan running Spotify from my iPhone SE. I have run out of download space on my Spotify account therefore I need to undownload some songs. I still want these songs in my library, just not for offline use. That way I can still access them easily as long as I have internet connection. However, when I try to undownload these songs they are completely deleted from my library. How can I keep these songs saved to my library after undownloading them?

3 Replies

Hey @pearlgrey,

Sorry to hear this, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help.

You will see this Download  indicator on the top of your library. You can go ahead and turn this off, and your songs will be saved, just not downloaded.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J,

Thank you for responding. However I don't understand- what if I want some songs in my library downloaded but not others? If I untoggle the download indicator surely this will undownload every song. I only want to undownload some songs, while still keeping them in my library. How can I undownload only selected songs and keep them in my library with my downloaded songs?

Hey @pearlgrey,

You can simply go to that single song and download it there. That way, if it is added on on the Songs folder in Your Library as well you can listen to it offline too 🙂

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

You can also learn more about the Download feature right here 🙂

Hope it helps!

Suggested posts