NEXT STEP

Unknown song plays starts playing even even attempting to change song

Solved!

Unknown song plays starts playing even even attempting to change song

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

So my spotify stared acting very strange. It randomly start playing the same song i have never heard before over and over again. Any attempt at chaging song works for like 30 seconds then it switches back to that same song again.

I have no idea what it is,  i thought it was that my account had been compromised but ive changed password twice and the issue keeps returning. Also logged out of all devices using the setting on Spotify website and problem still reoccurs.  

Other strange things happening is that it is skipping songs and that paused songs starts playing

when i was on my phone it said the source of the song choice was " Chrome web player" or something like that, which I don’t own a chrome nor do I have my account connected elsewhere. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Aemanzo

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about that!

We’re sorry to hear you have experienced that with your Spotify account. Check out these steps for what to do next.

Keep us posted!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Aemanzo

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about that!

We’re sorry to hear you have experienced that with your Spotify account. Check out these steps for what to do next.

Keep us posted!

This issue is happening for me as well. I have taken all the steps of logging out everywhere including FB and have changed my password.  None of that fixes this issue. This is not an account or password issue. This appears to be flawed Spotify software.  I am a loyal Premium user of several years and for the first time am seeing all these messages on my iphone about listenWeb Chrome version. And my Premium content will not play on my iphone without randomly skipping to unknown music. I also can no longer play Spotify on my MacBook web content.

Could it be Spotify has reworked what devices and browsers it supports and it's now broken?

Hey @Dclose,

Taking a look at what you've shared with us it actually seems like your Spotify account might have been compromised.

To confirm, Spotify currently supports both iPhone and MacBook devices and what you're experiencing is likely not dependent on the devices you're trying to use Spotify with. 

It'd be great if you'd have a look at the 'Write to us' section at the bottom of this support site article. 

The folks you'll be reaching out to from there are the right ones to take care of this situation. 

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if we can help with anything else!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts