Free/Premium

Country

US / Venezuela 

Device

Iphone 7

Operating System

iOS 11.4

My Question or Issue

There are plenty of songs from albums or playlists that I saved to my music that downloaded without my request, now my downloads limit is reached and I want to download more songs, but those unrequested downloads are taking up the space.

Is there a way to eliminate downloads without having to unsave them?

Thanks

LG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Lparigi34, thanks for posting here!

I understand your frustration here. I love to save my favourites offline so I can listen to them everywhere. Let's take a look at what we can do. Could you go to Your Library, head into Songs and toggle the Download-switch? The songs from Your Library should be removed from your downloads and you can download other songs. Let me know how you get on!

Thanks, have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Lparigi34, thanks for keeping me posted!

So sorry for the delay here. I've taken a look into what's happening here and I recommend removing your device from the offline devices list here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/. Then just follow these steps to download the music you'd like to save offline. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Lparigi34, thanks for posting here!

I understand your frustration here. I love to save my favourites offline so I can listen to them everywhere. Let's take a look at what we can do. Could you go to Your Library, head into Songs and toggle the Download-switch? The songs from Your Library should be removed from your downloads and you can download other songs. Let me know how you get on!

HuboSpotify Star

Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply.

The thing is that the Download Switch is not toggled, but still some songs are downloaded eating up my capacity (which is already full due to this) and the only way I've found to un-save them is to elimminate them from my favorites, which I do not want to do.

Hey there, thanks for keeping me posted!

That's odd. Could you send over a screenshot of what's going on here? I'd love to take a closer look here.

HuboSpotify Star

Hi! Thank you so much for the follow up.

Here, 2 Images,

The first one is an Album I saved to my music, but did not toggle the download button. Still some songs are downloaded ocuppying a share of my downloads limit

The second one is another album that I saved and selected to download but as you can see some songs are not yet, and I am already getting the message that nothing else is downloading because I reached my limit.

This happens a lot, I have plenty of unrequested songs downloaded while others that I want to can´t be because I´ve reached the limit.

No-Download Selected.jpgDownload Selected.jpg

Marked as solution

Hey @Lparigi34, thanks for keeping me posted!

So sorry for the delay here. I've taken a look into what's happening here and I recommend removing your device from the offline devices list here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/. Then just follow these steps to download the music you'd like to save offline. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star

Hi! Thanks a lot.

Sure it worked, but basically resetted all my music and have to re-sync again. I wonder why this happens and if it will keep happening (saving to my phone any song I play even if I do not select to download it and not being able to un-save it) now afther the reset.

Is this a known issue with the app?

Anyway... again, thank you so much!  

Shoot me...

Keeps happening, just played a song I have not selected to download and it downloaded... this is annoying...

------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Have to mind the interacion between albums and playlists, the first song was selected to download in a Playlist and that is why it auto-saved when selected for playing.

Then went to a Saved album not marked for Downloading and played songs with no saving to the phone memory.

Then toggled Donwload on and all songs were marked for downloading and when toggled it back all songs, even those already saved became un-saved (this is what not what happening before following your reccomendation).

Thanks a lot, it seems to be working fine now!

Suggested posts