Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update 0.71 wiped all my offline playlists!

Update 0.71 wiped all my offline playlists!

So I installed the new 0.71 update on my iPhone 4s (iOS 6.1.3) and when I started the app it said I could only have offline access on 3 devices, so I need to quit and restart the app.

I did this and low and behold all my offline playlists (1000+ songs) have been wiped! So now I am stuck in Brazil will no music and a lowsy internet connect trying to get my music back.

So I belive there is a bug in this update as I only have 3 devices with Spotify. It would seem that this new update installed on my iPhone, thought it was a new device (rather than a device I've been using with spotify for the last 18 months) and hence decided to add it as a new device, wiping the first device of my 3, which happens to be the same device!!! Confusing and a complete pain in the arse for me as I'm now stuck with no music for no reason.

I'd have tried to email Spotify support directly because they don't seem to be that great at replying to problems on this forum that aren't effecting lots of people or have easy answers but this seems to be the only support mechanism they offer. 

Anyway, let's see if anyone comes back and tries to justify what has happened and sorts out the problem...

1 Reply

If you don't get a response from support, let us know your case # and we can chase it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts