Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update roll out new features for premium Oktober 2018

Update roll out new features for premium Oktober 2018

Why is Spotify anouncing the new features with a video and a great press article when the update is not showing up on iPhone or iPad? 

A friend of mine has an Android and he has the new feature already? This is axactlay the reason why I have an iPhone. When Apple is releasing an update you get the update immediately. Why s the roll out so slow AROUND THE WORLD?

I tried to contact Spotify direct but could not find any contact possibility. 

I found it really frustrating because we already pay our premium price to get the best service. But this behavior of Spotify is frustrating. 

4 Replies

Hey @fankny212,

New updates and features usually always roll out slowly and are not available to all users right away.

The press article states:

"These initial updates to Spotify Premium begin rolling out to all Premium subscribers on iOS and Android globally starting today, so get streaming."

This means that the update isn't available to all users yet but will soon be.

Hopefully, you'll get it soon 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim,

thank you for your response..... I just try to understand the reason why they have to roll out the update and not just release it to all premium member right away? 

Every premium meber is paying the same price and Spotify decides who gets the features first and who last?  I dont see the problem for Sportify to realease it at the same time. 

I really like Spotify but this policy sucks and is nit really building a confident with the service. 

Have a great Sunday. 

Hey @fankny212,

Spotify tries to make new features available to everyone as soon as possible, regardless of their device.

There’s a variety of reasons why one platform might see a new feature before another, and those reasons often change, but they do hope to roll out the feature you’d like to see as fast as they can.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ok today is October 24,2918 and I received an update on Spotify over the appstore from Apple. 

Version 8.4.76 , I thought finally I will get the new updates.  But off course 

the new update is still not there. First of all you can not reach Spotify directly 

and honstly I dont understand the policy behind this update procedure. 

It seems to me they try to push people to Apple Music. 

Suggested posts