Update

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

My Question or Issue

After update, I lost my saved music tab and my entire list of artists. It now wants me to individually follow artists. I also had over 2,000 songs that are lost in the wind and now have to search individually for songs. Will this update be revoked/fixed or is there a way to go back to the previous version?

2 Replies

I spent all morning chatting with Spotify. 

The good news is that everything is still there and you can access it on the desktop app. 

The bad news is that my songs have now been ported over to something called Liked Songs. (not all my songs as I'm missing about 100 or so but that's the least of the problems.) The issue is that it takes far too many clicks now for me to go to Liked songs, click on the 3 dots and select Find in songs just to select a song from my library. Worse, gone is the artist view. 

You can still go through the steps above to filter your songs by song name or or by artists. The issue is that it's much harder as previously as you start typing an aritsts name, the list dwindles down until you find what you want. Now you have to spell the exact name correctly and it will not filter out situations where the artists name is also in a song title.  Also, and most importantly, you CAN NOT shuffle play this filtered list. So you can no longer shuffle songs you have in your library from a particular artist.

The Add Artist is not the same functionality and has no connection to the songs in your library.

Unfortunatly, i was told this was not a bug. Somehow someone actually thought it would be a design improvement to remove the artist view???

I think they are so focused on curating music and new music discovery that they've lost sight of th basic functionality of playing your music.

Hope they change their minds soon or I have no use for Spotify.

Hey @Reece57,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You can add your support to this idea to let Spotify know that you'd like to have the old UI again.

🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts