Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updated Spotify app; no longer have playlists

Solved!

Updated Spotify app; no longer have playlists

Just updated my Spotify app on my iPhone 4 (Jan. 27, 2014). All my playlists are now missing from the playlist tab. I don't believe I ever made a duplicate account because I always use the "log in with Facebook" option. Also, if I go to my profile I can see that I have 5 playlists (which is incorrect, I should have 6) but when I try to open one it just sits on "Loading" and doesn't ever load. I do have a Premium Account. Anybody else having this problem today? Any troubleshooting tips I can try? I have already tried restarting my phone but to no avail.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I hard reset my phone twice. That was the only thing that did seem to work. 🙂 Thanks!

Edit: The version of Spotify I updated to was 0.9.3.212

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Can you see your playlists if you log into another app or the web player (play.spotify.com) from a computer?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I checked on my Spotify player on my computer and everything looks normal. All playlists are there, all songs. Just my phone app doesn't show my playlists anymore.

It might be worth trying to reinstall the application:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Tried that too lol Still can't see my playlists on my playlist tab. This only happened after I updated the app yesterday, the day before everything was there and working perfect.

I am having the exact same issue. iPhone 5S here. I noticed that my playlists weren't updating, so I went to reinstall the Spotify app. Now: NO playlists, and I can't even search a song. Literally my spotify app is useless to me currently. 3 days so far... Tried everything I can think of.

Going to escalate this for someone to look into guys.

Peter

Hi guys.

This is an odd one. I'm sure you've tried it all, but just to clarify:
- could you try restarting your phones (maybe mid-reinstall)
- also try a 'hard reset' (hold Lock and Home till the Apple symbol appears)
- Can you open the app on your phone while also on the desktop app and check the playlists on your phones under 'Devices', do they all appear?
- If you make any edits to playlists while both apps are open, does this help to get the playlists to appear?

Thanks for your patience so far. Let us know how you get on, and what/if anything worked.
Also, so this is happening on iPhone 4 and 5S, what version of the app is installed? (it should be visible in Settings)
Marked as solution

I hard reset my phone twice. That was the only thing that did seem to work. 🙂 Thanks!

Edit: The version of Spotify I updated to was 0.9.3.212

Glad to hear it @ohkcuf Let us know if anything changes

@AustinBru - How's it going for you? Have any of those step worked for you?

Rebooting (turning off and back on) my iPhone 5s fixed the issue for me.

Thank you!

I've been having this problem on my iPhone 5S for two days. Have reinstalled & hard set phone. Not working. No playlists for myself or anyone I follow

Can you see your playlists in the web player @Laurendimarco ?

What is the web player? I can see it when I go to my music but when on my profile page it says I have none. And all the people I follow have none too.

Click the link in my post - web player

I can see them in my music. Not in the recover playlists. Ugh. I really don't know what the issue is.

Not sure why, but I have found rebooting my device a few times in a row works.

Peter

I can't get any of my songs on my playlist to play - I have checked volume and ok - also it's saying in my library that I don't have any playlists which I do??? I am on premium. Please help!

Same with me... i tried logging in to my accounts on ps4 but i could only log in to one of my accounts so i tried to make a new account on spotify and signed off on my phone... now i cant seem to get my music back on my phone but i have my music on one of my ps4 accounts

Suggested posts