Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updates on the 'Album' tab and 'save' feature

Updates on the 'Album' tab and 'save' feature

UPDATE VERSION 8.4.91

The new update I noticed on the 'Album' section is extremely frustrating and messy. Before the update, the albums that appeared within the section were only the ones I have 'saved' which downloaded every song in those albums without them going to my 'songs' tab.

However, the update has taken this away and clumped together EVERY INDIVIDUAL item I have SPECIFICALLY saved to my 'songs', which includes both albums AND singles, to the 'album' page. It also doesn't display the full album any longer, only the songs I have chosen to be downloaded in my 'songs'. To save albums after the update, I now have to have ALL the songs in the album added to my 'songs' which I do not like at all as I only save songs that are my favourites within that tab. 

I searched this community blog for answers to find that the majority of users do have all songs downloaded when using the 'save' feature. I noticed my family and friends having this 'feature'. However, I appreciated and was very happy in not having this annoyance.

I do not like this and would like to switch back to previous versions. Alternatively, this "improvement" needs to be rectified in future updates. 

4 Replies

Hey @aemerizal, welcome to the Community.
Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

In this case if you don’t like this change I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Also could you attach any screenshots of this change?

Thank you for your reply:

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @aemerizal, welcome to the Community.
Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

In this case if you don’t like this change I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Also could you attach any screenshots of this change?

It's not so much requesting a new feature but for an old one to be placed back.

I coudn't attach images or place them in my original post but I'll put them here. 

My 'songs' list prior to saving an album.My 'songs' list prior to saving an album.My 'songs' list after saving an album.My 'songs' list after saving an album.The album showing songs I have downloaded. It doesn't show the entire album as it usually should.The album showing songs I have downloaded. It doesn't show the entire album as it usually should.The 'album' tab after the update, showing all incomplete albums and singles I have saved to my 'songs' list.The 'album' tab after the update, showing all incomplete albums and singles I have saved to my 'songs' list.

Hey @aemerizal,

You can do that in the Community Ideas Exchange too. You can request for this to be changed back to the old one 🙂

Thanks!

I have this issue too.

I always separated my saved single songs under Songs, and then saved my favorite albums under Albums.

If this is the way Spotify organizes it now, what is even the point of having separate Songs and Albums tabs? They are the same libraries now, but one is displayed as a list and the other as an array of album covers.

This is incredibly frustrating and after 2 years of paying Premium and never having an issue, I'm ready to leave the service if it doesn't get fixed.

Suggested posts