Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading issues

Solved!

Upgrading issues

I run Spotify Premium on an iPAD. When trying to install the latest verion the app locked and I can not open, close or uninstall. No contact can be established.

I have restarded the iPAD without any imporvement.

What to do now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just browsing apple support for similar issues, this was flagged up as a solution:

I had the same issue and found an easier way because I was too lazy to go through the stress of doing the restore.  I went to my updates tab located in the "App Store" icon.  Selected the app that is stuck installing.  It brings you to the app details, reviews, etc.  Then click on the app icon located at the top left of the screen.  When you do this it places the app onto your home screen.  Click on the app again that has been placed on the home screen and it should start installing

Does that work? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

When you say you can uninstall, what happens when you hold the "Spotify icon" and then hit the little "x" which appears? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for responding.

All the active apps starts to "wobble" and show the little "minus" except the spotify icon where the minus is missing. So I have no possibility to act.

Very strange, what does the Spotify app show as in the App Store? 

Peter

Peter

The status in app store is "installing"

Marked as solution

Just browsing apple support for similar issues, this was flagged up as a solution:

I had the same issue and found an easier way because I was too lazy to go through the stress of doing the restore.  I went to my updates tab located in the "App Store" icon.  Selected the app that is stuck installing.  It brings you to the app details, reviews, etc.  Then click on the app icon located at the top left of the screen.  When you do this it places the app onto your home screen.  Click on the app again that has been placed on the home screen and it should start installing

Does that work? 

Peter

Peter

Thanks a million. It did the trick and I am once again happily listening to music.

Regards

Robert

Excellent, enjoy the music! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts