Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

Hi

since I switched to iPhone XS I can’t use my Apple Watch as remote for Spotify anymore. Doesn’t matter if I listen in my AirPods or on a Sonos or Harman Kardon. 

Tried to reinstall Spotify but it only helped for about 10 s then the problem was back. 

Tips?

3 Replies

Hey @rono01, I'll be happy to help!

Thanks for trying the clean reinstall of the Spotify app. Could you let me know the current Spotify app version, and WatchOS version? 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for reply 🙂

Spotify is 8.5.7.601 and WatchOS is 5.2.1 on model A1859. 

Yeaterday when out out running I was able to control Spotify from the built in training app on the watch for the first time. When I tried again later it didn’t work. The Spotify app still doesn’t work and didn’t yeaterday either. 

Hey @rono01.

Thanks for that info!

Could you try a clean reinstall on your iPhone XS trying the steps here and make sure to restart both devices?

Also, how exactly are you trying to connect to the other devices? A video/screen recording of what's happening would be very helpful to shed some light here.

Are you able to use the watch as a remote if the phone is the only one on the other end?

You should be able to use the "remote" function on Connect only between two devices, if you then get the audio output through a third device it should happen outside Spotify (e.g., device settings). 

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts