Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Version 1.3 now has search offline....so did 1.2,,,so.

Version 1.3 now has search offline....so did 1.2,,,so.

11 Replies

So I tried search offline on 1.2. I can search everything, no problem.

What is this 1.3??

hello @soniclee 1.3 has misc bug fixes, one for example is being able to queue while on offline mode, on 1.2 you couldn't.

- The UI is faster and snappy now.
- And there will be no crashes when searching for songs (esp in other asian languages).
- Your music also has updates under artists (ability to see
under YM --> Artists you will see tracks + albums saved (thanks @Lorenzo_NGG )
- ability to QUEUE + search song on offline mode (finally!)
- moved discover to browse ( @Jeffhayes Thanks!)

So quite a few things you don't realised has changed under the hood!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

So there's still no fix for the missing album art of downloaded music in offline mode? What a shame...

first of all, where is the iPad version update.. =.=

in the appstore

Looks like this added an in-app purchase option for Premium, but with an upcharge so Spotify doesn't lose more from their cut.

Seems Discover was removed for some reason. I didn't need it, but I did use it a bunch.

@user-removed wrote:

So there's still no fix for the missing album art of downloaded music in offline mode? What a shame...

That's still going to be fixed in a future update. Hopefully the next one.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@JonHynes wrote:

Seems Discover was removed for some reason. I didn't need it, but I did use it a bunch.

Discover can now be found in the browse section 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can you please explain why the "fixes" listed above take priority over album art showing for local files?

That is a critical functionality that has been lost, which isn't being addressed - and if it is being addressed, where are the communications around how long it is going to take? All I have ever seen is a non-Spotify employee say it shoud be in the next fix...which was this one....and it WASN'T THERE.

Perhaps you should prioritize your developers on issues that are of actual interest to your ACTIVE userbase, the ones who used to ADVOCATE for your brand in a positive fashion. Although most of them now seem to be leaving your service, and telling thousands of people in the process via online forums.

Hopeless

Also the one liner "What's New" in the App Store is insufficient, why were these other "fixes" not listed keeping the users informed?

There are a number of posts from PAYING users complaining about the lack of Album Art in offline files and the removal of the star system - how come these fixes aren't being prioritized over marginal issues such as "queuing and searching in offline mode" and "Your Music has updates under artists....*WTF *" which I have seen very little user interest in.

I think those two issues have actually had a *lot* of user interest - especially the artist pages being separated by album, that's huge for me. That's said, it's definitely a disappointing release size-wise. Was hoping for a lot more, like the artwork issue etc.

And whats with the iPad App? Will there be an Update with new Features and a new Design too? Or do the developers still Need More Time to Update the App? If yes, you should consider to change developers, because every normal developer should be able to fix Bugs in a Month and bring new Features and a new Design in half of a Year .... But I think your developer(s) are the only one who cant do that...
And for such a Service we Pay 10€ a Month.. Such an assurance

You claim about missing Album cover, they should rather concentrate on bringing the Same Features to all Supported devices.

Suggested posts