Very high data usage

Solved!

Re: Very high data usage

itonyma

it's happening to me too. I've ran out of data the past two months only to realize Spotify was the culprit. Did a test, Spotify downloaded 20 mb of data in less than 5 minutes!! What is going on here? Do I have to switch to Apple Music??

thequilla
Regular

Yes, switch to apple music.

no way theres happening something here.

But complain hard to the support. They refunded me the last payment for

the excessive data usage at least. Family-Subscription is cancelled though.

Really loved spotify, but no reason to pay for it anymore.

cheers

razum
Regular

And how is Apple Music right now? I used it during last winter and it was really slow and playlists generally sucked... did they got better?

pucai
I haven't used Spotify much on cellular data because it has always seemed to absolutely hop off my data, so I usually use offline with downloaded playlists.
I decided to turn on cellular data there earlier and it used up 194mb in about 10 minutes and I was playing off a downloaded playlist too!?
I subscribe to Spotify through Vodafone and wondered if this was something that was done to intentionally use up your data as it's been going on for as long as I can remember.

Anyone else subscribed through Vodafone?

ktek

Also getting this issue ever since 6.8.0, came back from a trip with 16GB left out of 17GB for the last 10 days of my billing cycle. Spotify managed to use up 15GB within 7 days from just 1.5 hour commutes each day and almost capped me if I didn't get the notifications from my courier. All my songs were already available offline too and somehow it still used so much. We need a fix ASAP, I'm already cosidering hopping to Apple music since it comes free with my plan and now it sounds more appealling than ever. 

kellte2
Regular

This is still a very real issue.  My downloaded playlists are still showing up as using data in my settlings.  Very frustrating.

Imgrund
Music Fan

I've had this issue since the day DAILY MIX was released, about four months ago. I installed 7.5 BETA last week and the problem appears to be finally resolved. I've used 250 MB of data in a week; I was using that much in 15 minutes, listening to previously synced music!

Vexedx10
Casual Listener
How do you install the beta?

Imgrund
Music Fan

kellte2
Regular
7.5 just pushed out for iOS. My account is still showing cellular usage when playing offline playlists. I couldn't be more frustrated.
SUGGESTED POSTS