Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Viewing my Playlists as Albums

Viewing my Playlists as Albums

Hi

I am using an iPhone 4S iOS 6.0.1 & sync to my Premium Spotify account. All works great and I love the service and flexibility it gives especially in the offline mode.

One issue I have however is the fact that when viewing my playlists I can only do so by song per song, i.e. I cannot view per Album. This makes searching quite cumbersome. Is there a way I can view my music per Album?

Thanks in Advance

5 Replies

Solution I found was to create a Playlist Folder in Spotify (from your PC) where you then add your albums into. This then appears as Albums on your iPhone device.

Just a shame no-one from Spotify took the time to update this or even respond to my email I sent them. Great product but lousy customer care service

I totally agree with you. This should already be a feature.

Shame no-one from SPotify bothers to repond to these issues on their own Forum. Very Poor

With the latest Spotify update, it appears they have half-way addressed this with the new 'Collections' tab. I don't have the latest update yet myself, so maybe others that do could confirm/deny this; I may be totally off the mark so apologies if so.

But from videos and screenshots I've seen, it appears that the origanising of artists/albums may be a bit better rather than purely a playlist.

Screenshot 5/5 shows the 'Collections' tab: Spotify Blog

FWIW - I totally agree with you that a better way of viewing entire albums, and a general refocus on organising your favourite albums and artists is required as dependancy on playlists is massively strained in my opinion.

It sounds like this idea is quite closely related to this very popular thread over on the Ideas Exchange. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts