Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volkswagen - Car play back issue

Volkswagen - Car play back issue

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

So for over a week now I have been having issues playing Spotify in my car - I plug it in via USB and listen to Spotify via my media but for some reason it plays the first 8-10 seconds of the song and then stops. The rest of the song doesn’t play and then when I switch to another song it does the exact same.

When I unplug from my car and play on my phone, no issues at all. I know this means I may have an issue with the car but does anyone know a fix?

I have tried to update my phone to the latest iOS but it keeps failing but I should be able to listen to music without having my phone up to date and I’ve not had any issues for the past 3 years with this software 

Has anyone else had this issue or any recommendations??

1 Reply

Hi @Ronnie10

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different phone to check if the issue persists?

Lastly, even though the app can vary across different devices and operating systems, we always recommend running the latest software on your device for the best experience. In this case, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts