Volume adjustment does not work on Car Play

Solved!

Volume adjustment does not work on Car Play

JoeyTribiani74
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I have a really annoying problem when I want to listen to Spotify on Car Play. When I start Spotify on the Infotainment (after connecting the iPhone), it works but I cannot adjust the volume, sometimes I have to close the app on the phone and start it again or press previous track and volume buttons simultaneously multiple times and open the app on the iPhone to fix the problem, You know doing these while driving might be problematic and dangerous. I hope it could be fixed in the next versions.

Plan: Premium Individual

Device: iPhone XR, iOS 14.4.1

Car: 2020 Toyota C-HR 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Volume adjustment does not work on Car Play

Mihail

Hey @JoeyTribiani74,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend that you fully unpair /forget the car's infotainment system from your phone. If that doesn't do the trick, try running a clean reinstall. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. 

It's also a good idea to check both your smartphone and your car's infotainment system for available updates.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Solution!

Mihail

Hey @JoeyTribiani74,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend that you fully unpair /forget the car's infotainment system from your phone. If that doesn't do the trick, try running a clean reinstall. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. 

It's also a good idea to check both your smartphone and your car's infotainment system for available updates.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

JoeyTribiani74
Casual Listener
Great! Thank you! Deleting Spotify App from the phone and installing it again solved the problem.

Mihail

Hey @JoeyTribiani74,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that the issue got resolved. If there's anything else you need help with - we're one post away 🙂

Happy listening!

MihailModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS