Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WTF, my iPod touch is refusing to play!!!

WTF, my iPod touch is refusing to play!!!

When starting to play evrey song stops playing after abot one(1) minute.

I have premium account so this really sucks...

Nothing wrong with the account coz it plays on every other device i use.

It´s the same even if i use OffLineMode.

plz, anyone having the same issue, let me know

31 Replies

I've mentioned on numerous occasions that i've logged a call weeks ago with full details of this issue and chased for a response but received no advice on how to fix other than delete and re-install. This does seem to be an issue affecting multiple users so I'm sure you can understand their frustration with spotify currently and I think it's only fair that they use this community to offer advice to each other to try and force a resolution to the problem. However if you can help with my problem I would be very grateful. The device I have a problem with is an iPod touch 3 now running ios5.1 (I also had the problem running v 5). The spotify version I'm running is 0.4.23.11.g86a7d473. It doesn't matter what quality I stream in it still crashes after about 5 or 10 mins. I've tried re-installing, a complete factory reset of the iPod but still no joy. Spotify does work ok on my iPhone 4 though running the same version. For me, it's affecting the iPod only. Thanks

Silence..,,,.,what a surprise

Isn't that a surprise?

I'm having exactly the same problem with the ipod touch (but with none of the other devices I use to play Spotify) and none of the fixes work.  Very irritating indeed.

Hey GillA, the last post in this thread was three months ago. So things have changed a little since then.

What have you tried so far, in total? It might be worth making a new thread to go over this issue.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have tried all the suggested fixes in the above thread.  I have the correct OS, all the firmware on the ipod touch is up-to-date and I am using the latest version of the app.  Just to confirm that the problem in the first comment in the thread exactly describes what happens on my ipod: all songs cut off after about a minute.  I am a premium subscriber and have not experienced this problem on my imac, iphone or ipad.  I am careful to ensure that I am not using spotify across multiple platforms.

This is really quite irritating as I use the ipod touch in a doc to play music out loud in my living room.

Ok, four questions:

1. Does this happen when using different streaming quality options?

2. Are you streaming over wifi or 3G?

3. If wifi, which ISP are you with?

4. Have you tried another network?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks.  Answers below.

1.  Yes

2.  Wifi

3.  O2

4.  No.  But the O2 streaming was working with the ipod touch up until about a month ago and it still works fine on my iphone.

(BTW, my ipod touch doesn't have 3G.)

Ok then, thanks for that. Could you please submit a message through our contact form so we can get some our advisors to run through some troubleshooting with you? 

Be sure to include all the information you've provided here. Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I use an iPod Touch with ios 4.2.1, plenty of free memory and I just downloaded the Spotify for iOS 4 app... same problem. Spotify stops playing after about 1 minute. Seems like this has been an ongoing issue for many months now and that the Spotify team is clueless as to how to solve it. Please Spotify team: fix this issue now or leave the software business to more competent people!

Hi

I did get a (fairly quick) reply from Spotify when I registered the problem but I'm not sure that their suggestion would have worked - and anyway, by then I had solved it myself by going nuclear on the ipod touch.  (Easy for me to say, though, because I now use it ONLY to play music and don't use it for data storage or other apps.)

I restored the ipod to factory settings via iTunes, having first barred it from syncing with any other devices.  Then I downloaded the Spotify app for OS4 (not 5, which it apparently won't take) directly onto the ipod, bypassing iTunes.  Note that I located the correct version of the app by searching for 'Spotify' in the app function, which turned up a number of different versions.  Finally, I synced the rest of my (non-Spotify) music library (but nothing else) onto the ipod via iTunes.

That seems to have done the trick.  But clearly there is a problem that Spotify hasn't cracked.  I suspect that it has updated an app without thinking about the requirements of the Touch.  It's interesting that there are now several versions of the Spotify app available .....

Good luck.

Its March 2013 and the problem is still alive and well. My ipod touch is running ios4, only being used to deliver music. Spotify worked fine for 2 weeks but now plays for one minute then stops.

Any suggestions other than completely wiping this ipod?  it has literally done nothing else, no other apps loaded or anything but just decided to stop working.

Suggested posts