Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Solved!

Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Hey.

I recently updated my iPhone iOs and had to restore the phone during the process. Since then, all my offline playlists say "Waiting to download", but no tracks ever download. Tracks have the gray download arrow, but never the green one, and are not available online.

I have tried restarting the phone, and the app, and I have tried using three different wi-fi networks, and also 3G & 4G.

Sometimes when I restart the app, the "Offline progress" bar appears for just a second, but then vanishes again.

It's an iPhone 5 Plus. Spotify Premium. Account active. No similar problems in the desktop version.

This is something I use Spotify Premium for a lot, so I would appreciate some help from a moderator here.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

after loads of discussion with Spotify via Tweeter, here is the outcome; Keep that in your mind there is a limitation for offline tracks on each device! Number of tunes you can get offline is *9999 in total *as premium account holder,* 3333 per each device*. So make sure that not hitting the limit. I've done so many research and trying all the possibilities, it's been paid off very well after a month and mine is working without having a single problem since. Hope that helps; get rid of some your tracks and then try to download, it should work that way,,,

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

what worked for me was disable firewall, remove the app from my iPhone and reinstall it and toggle the available offline button.

Marked as solution

I've found a workaround that seems to work really well for me. This may only work if you have a computer with an Ethernet jack, but may still work if your Mac is connected to Wifi and doesn't have an ethernet jack.

1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB lightning cable

2. On your Mac, go to System Preferences -> Sharing

3. Select Internet Sharing in the table view to the right

4. Check only iPhone USB for sharing. Mine is using Ethernet, but yours might be able to be Wifi.

5. Check internet sharing and hit start.

Seriously, fix your junk, Spotify. People pay money for this feature. This is arguably one of the best features of a paid subscription because it means never having to open iTunes. Don't make me open iTunes.

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 10.30.55 AM.png
69 Replies

Hey @brainlove! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Do you've tried to reinstall your app ? If not, here's a tutorial for a clean reinstallation.

This may solve your issue. ^^

Peace

Thanks.

I had to reselect all the playlists I wanted, but it seems to have worked.

Hi,

I deleted and reinstalled the app and it worked for a bit but then got stuck again part way through the download. Everytime I reinstall the app I have to select which songs I want available offline again and again and it's extremely frustrating. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve got IPhone 6s Plus and running Spotify Premium on it. It worked perfectly ok but it’s been 2 days that Spotify App keep showing Waiting for Download and most of the track I used to have turned to grey! I’ve tried all the possible solution I’ve seen here so far including Reboot the phone, reinstallation of the app and download my offline playlist and songs again whatsoever. It was working fine for a day then it stuck again since this morning. Please help ! Otherwise having Premium Account doesn’t make any sense!

I’ve got IPhone 6s Plus and running Spotify Premium on it. It worked perfectly ok   but it’s been 2 days that Spotify App keep showing Waiting for Download and most of the track I used to have turned to grey! I’ve tried all the possible solution I’ve seen here so far including Reboot the phone, reinstallation of the app and download my offline playlist and songs again whatsoever. It was working fine for a day then it stuck again since this morning. Please help ! Otherwise having Premium Account doesn’t make any sense!

I am having the same exact problem with my iPhone 6plus. It's still saying waiting to download

Same issue here. I have switched avalable offline on and off. Reinstalled the app yet some tracks are STILL waiting to download WTH Spotify help?? I ditched Rdio, Tidal and Apple Music for you now show me some love back will ya?? That greyed out song is one of my all time faves! 

IMG_0199.PNG

This is happening to me as well. And i am not going to do a clean reinstall if it just stops working again after a few days!

I had hoped when I updated to iOS9 that this bug would have been squashed in the subsequent app update; unfortunately not. Incredibly frustrating at £10/month....

(iPhone 6+, iOS 9.1)

Marked as solution

after loads of discussion with Spotify via Tweeter, here is the outcome; Keep that in your mind there is a limitation for offline tracks on each device! Number of tunes you can get offline is *9999 in total *as premium account holder,* 3333 per each device*. So make sure that not hitting the limit. I've done so many research and trying all the possibilities, it's been paid off very well after a month and mine is working without having a single problem since. Hope that helps; get rid of some your tracks and then try to download, it should work that way,,,

It's not working they need to fix it or they will be losing a customer. Extremely frustrated about to join Apple music

Thanks Tigran that worked, got rid of a couple playlists i don't often listen online.
9999 is more than enough actually
At least offline modus works this way. Can't say that off Apple Music

Good to hear that works for you! But keep that in your mind that there is a limitation of 3333 per device.

Yupp got it!

The problem for me was I had more than 3333 trucks Once I decided I do you need off-line access to all the old stuff I don't listen to these days it has been a much smoother experience I now use Spotify for basically what I'm listening to now I keep all my archives on my computer. That being said I cannot get my favorite song from that album by Beck pictured above to download to save my life. No matter what I've tried it still won't show available off-line

Same problem here. Tried these fixes but nothing. Is anyone from spotify actually reading any of hear posts?? A little help please!

Time to join beats/apple

I'm trying to sync 6 of my local files so I can listen to them on my iPhone. I'm hardly hitting the limit so what on earth is going on? I've reinstalled Spotify on my Mac and twice on my iPhone and I'm still getting the same "Waiting to download" message on the iPhone app. This is really appalling from Spotify as I've been a loyal customer paying £10/month for over 2 years now. They really need to sort something out fast otherwise I will go elsewhere. It's very very frustrating. 

Same problem here.

It's an absurd that no Spotify employee has answered to this topic yet.

Really makes me think about the future of my premium subscription. Seriously.

Edit: I've just solved this problem by temporarily turning off my firewall (not controlled by Windows, but by ESET Smart Security). Now I can sync my offline playlists with my iPhone 5.

Suggested posts