I recently updated my iPhone iOs and had to restore the phone during the process. Since then, all my offline playlists say "Waiting to download", but no tracks ever download. Tracks have the gray download arrow, but never the green one, and are not available online.
I have tried restarting the phone, and the app, and I have tried using three different wi-fi networks, and also 3G & 4G.
Sometimes when I restart the app, the "Offline progress" bar appears for just a second, but then vanishes again.
It's an iPhone 5 Plus. Spotify Premium. Account active. No similar problems in the desktop version.
This is something I use Spotify Premium for a lot, so I would appreciate some help from a moderator here.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've found a workaround that seems to work really well for me. This may only work if you have a computer with an Ethernet jack, but may still work if your Mac is connected to Wifi and doesn't have an ethernet jack.
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB lightning cable
2. On your Mac, go to System Preferences -> Sharing
3. Select Internet Sharing in the table view to the right
4. Check only iPhone USB for sharing. Mine is using Ethernet, but yours might be able to be Wifi.
5. Check internet sharing and hit start.
Seriously, fix your junk, Spotify. People pay money for this feature. This is arguably one of the best features of a paid subscription because it means never having to open iTunes. Don't make me open iTunes.