Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Solved!

Re: Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

SuperiorKungFu
Casual Listener

Expected behavior - app should inform the user that offline track limit has been reached (3333 per device, 9999 across all devices).

Current behavior (4.5.0.1332 on iOS 9.2) - app does NOT inform the user that the limit was reached, but instead shows "Waiting to download", causing lots of people to waste lots of time trying to figure out why it says "Waiting to download" - restarting their phone, reinstalling the app, re-downloading thousands of tracks again - all to get back to the same spot "Waiting to download" because the app currently doesn't tell you when the limit has been reached.

Bkbk
I'm having the same problem. Just signed up for Spotify. Beginning to question whether premium made sense.

Bluenoisemf
Casual Listener
I've been having the same problem on my iPhone 5s and I'm only pulling down ~250 tracks. It seems the only way to get it to actually finish the download is to keep the phone from locking and stay in Spotify until it's done. If I switch to another app or let the phone sleep/lock, the download stops and nothing will get it working again.

doublelman1

Try disabling your firewall on your computer temporarily, that's how i got mine to work 

Solution!

markderouen
what worked for me was disable firewall, remove the app from my iPhone and reinstall it and toggle the available offline button.

paolam93
it worked for me too!! thank you!

user-removed
Not applicable
This did not work. Hardly a solution.

user-removed
Not applicable
As explained in original post, I have 0 offline tracks, I'm trying to make about 10 songs offline. So I'm not even remotely close to that limit. Spotify should listen to the users issues with playing actual music and resolve them rather than making pointless updates like useless "Spotify Running".

Tjsh315
Music Fan
Same issue here... Spotify customer service is conspicuously absent

nicappleton

I too am at the end of my tether here. I've been using Premium (mostly on my Microsoft Surface running Windows 10) since just before Xmas, and have been really impressed with being able to have my key playlists as a backup on my iPhone 6 Plus

Now, for some reason, this week the majority of my tracks are greyed out, with a 'waiting to download' message 

I have tried a clean install on both my phone and laptop, turning off the firewall...all to no avail. Interestingly, all of the greyed out tracks are my own tracks. And I'm nowhere near the 3,333 limit 😡😡😡

Help!! Anyone! Please!!

SUGGESTED POSTS