Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Solved!

Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Hey.

I recently updated my iPhone iOs and had to restore the phone during the process. Since then, all my offline playlists say "Waiting to download", but no tracks ever download. Tracks have the gray download arrow, but never the green one, and are not available online.

I have tried restarting the phone, and the app, and I have tried using three different wi-fi networks, and also 3G & 4G.

Sometimes when I restart the app, the "Offline progress" bar appears for just a second, but then vanishes again.

It's an iPhone 5 Plus. Spotify Premium. Account active. No similar problems in the desktop version.

This is something I use Spotify Premium for a lot, so I would appreciate some help from a moderator here.

Thanks.

69 Replies

I've tried that one; making a playlist work in offline-mode as well as online right?

Didn't work for me atleast..

I've also tried connecting my cellphone (iPhone 6S) with the cabel and put the USB-end into my PC, shared internet-connection from my phone to my PC which one user tipsed me about and then connected my PC-WiFi to my shared connection on the phone. Somehow it worked but it seems that not the whole playlist(s) got downloaded and I know I'm not close to the limit of how many songs you download can have on your phone even if you have Premium..

This was literally happening to me and I came to this blog to find a solution, and I just fixed it.

All i did was logout from my account and log back in. And this worked for both my Mac and iPhone.

What Worked for me is uninstalling mcafee on my mac. Seems to be the same general idea for other people with firewalls etc.

thank you. I don't have any fire wall protection beyond the default for
my system. I have since returned this product.

Ok, I know this is dumb, but there is no such thing  as a 5 Plus.

Must have meant 5s. Lol

this worked for me THANKS!

Why won't this help I only have 43 songs I am a new user and the waiting to download is annoying me and my bro. Seriously dude, get on our level

Disabled public and private firewall options on my PC.
Download immediately worked afterwards.

firewall.png

It doesnt work! I just recently started spotify, my subscription is PREMIUM but I cant download any tracks to listen offline. I have less than 100 tracks in my playlists. And when i tap ‘download’ it’s just ‘waiting to download’ .. I don’t get it?! 

Suggested posts