Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wanting to upgrade to Premium but keeps pausing on iOS devices

Wanting to upgrade to Premium but keeps pausing on iOS devices

Hello,

New user. Im having an ongoing issue where spotify keeping pausing songs after a few seconds every 4-5 song on my iOS devices. All up to date with latest updates, etc. Have uninstalled app several times. Regardless if using wifi or cellular data. Have done all the usually troubleshooting, hard resets, router reboot etc. Cant clear the cache on mobile devices as suggested in other posts running on Mac or PC. Any solutions please?

Thanks in advance

10 Replies

Hey @Dirtman4

Try these steps:

• First uninstall the Spotify app
  • Then press down the home and power button and hold it until apple logo appears on the screen (wait while phone reboots)
  • Then reinstall the Spotify app

Does that help at all?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Done all the usuall resetting and troubleshooting. The same porblem with iPhone and iPad. Pauses after after 10 seconds, either maually you have to hit play again or it kicks in itself after awhile. Not wanting to drop a months subscription to see if premium solves the issue. Hate being ripped off

I understand, but did you follow the direct steps I posted in order?

I've been talking with someone who I know had the same issue before and those exact steps worked for them in order.

If those steps do not work, please post the Spotify version number, device (exact model) you are using, and iOS version so that this problem can be investigated. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks Matt,
Have done suggested to both devices now spend the next few hours playing back on both. Will report back in when have a result. So far about an hour through non stop playing on the iPad and so far so good

@Dirtman4

Glad to hear! If you still have problems with playback, post back here and I will try to help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Had all working fine. Went Premium couple of days ago after long testing of both devices. Get home from work today, 2nd song in and stops again after 5 or so seconds. Cant say im overly chuffed.

Device is iPad 3. iOS 9.1 Latest version of Spotify

Hey @Dirtman4

Sorry for the trouble.

Can you confirm which version of the Spotify app you are using?  I know you said the latest, but it would be good to confirm. 

Are you using any other apps when this happens?

This info will be passed on so this can be investigated for you.

MattSudaSpotify Star

No trouble, version 4.4.0.1576

Seems working fine today. After another delete, hard reset then install. All other apps shut down while using. Frustrating but many thanks for the effort and help

@Dirtman4

Glad to hear that it is working fine right now. Playback should be smooth, so if you have trouble again, post back and I will help out.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt,
Still having the same issue. After so many hard resets and reloading the app the problem hasn't dissappeared. Another update has gone through since and same issue still there. More than likely cancelling my premium memebrship if problem still there near my monthly payment cycle.

Suggested posts