Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waze with / without Spotify

Waze with / without Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone xr

Operating System

iOS 13.1.2

My Question or Issue

When I enter the car, the phone connects automatically with Bluetooth and starts playing spotify when it works fine. Then it asks if I want to use waze and no problems to launch waze and start navigation. My issue is that if I don't want to listen to music, I kill spotify and waze also stops working and can't hear navigation through Bluetooth. If I pause the music, still same issue and usually it starts playing music by itself . Also I realized if I start waze before spotify, I usually don't hear both. I would be grateful if you can help me to find a way how to use waze while music is not playing on Spotify.

Thanks 

6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to iOS 13.1.3 ๐Ÿ™‚

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello Loxer,

Thank you for kindly helping. The issue is actually persistent for a long time but I felt enough is enough ๐Ÿ™‚ I had same problem with another iphone, or over many updates, new installs and ios updates. The same problem is there with my wife's phone too. The only thing I couldn't really try is a different car brand. I would appreciate if you would try on your car to replicate the issue. I will also try with someone else's car if I can. But in any case, I just can't change the car to get spotify working ๐Ÿ™‚ it should work properly in any case. 

Hey @m_erencelik,

Thanks for letting me know.

There should be an audio setting within the Waze app that can be used to set a certain Audio device. For example the internal speaker or a Bluetooth device.

Let me know if that would help with your issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello again, I tried re-installing both and the problem still exists. Just wanted to share the updates. Thanks again for the help.

Hey @Loxer

Thanks for the reply. I'm using "device default" setting in waze as suggested from them. If I set to internal speaker, I hear both waze and spotify from the phone as expected. I believe the issue is not as simple as just adjusting settings. I fell like I tried every possible combination already.

Hey @m_erencelik,

That's odd.

Could you try contacting Waze Support here to see if they might be able to help with this?

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts