Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We need a way to clear an entire mobile queue (iOS)

We need a way to clear an entire mobile queue (iOS)

(Premium)

U.S.

Device

(iPhone XS Max)

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.1)

Spotify Version

I have run into this a bunch of times and don't know why it wasn't an issue before which makes me think it's a bug?

I've had various playlists of mine add to my queue without my doing (100+ songs) and then if I want to stop the entire playlist from playing I then have to delete 100+ songs by tapping every one? I don't know how these playlists are automatically adding to my queue, but without the ability to mass delete my now stacked queue would take so long to erase!

Implementing such an easy alternative would solve this problem, whether it's actually a bug or me adding whole playlists to my queue and totally forgetting I did it. I can't even add songs to the front of the queue because the whole playlist is in front of it - I have to press every new song as the current one ends. The only way I've been able to fix it is by deleting the app and just reinstalling/signing in.

Help?

19 Replies

Bumping. I have since updated to the newer version of Spotify with the UI update (just showed up for me yesterday although I know people with older iPhone models that have had the update for weeks now) so I don't know if that will change things. 

Regardless, this is a feature that should be implemented as it would be so practical.

Hi NpXX,

I agree that a way to clear the queue on mobile easily would be helpful. In the meantime, do you have access to a desktop version of Spotify? If so, go to the queue icon (two icons over from the sound slider at the bottom right), and click "Clear" in the Next in Queue section, or shift-click the range of songs you want to clear from queue and then right-click (ctrl-click on Mac) and select "Remove from Queue). 

Thanks for the response!

If I clear my queue from the desktop app will that clear the queue from the mobile app as well? (Say I switch control from one to the other while I'm doing it.)

Yes it will! Spotify Connect allows Spotify to sync really quickly across devices, so anything you do on one device should sync near-instantaneously to your other ones. 🙂 

Okay, that's what I figured. Thank you for confirming 🙂

I guess until the mobile app gets a reset button this is a good workaround and I do have a Mac I can use to do this (if necessary) with the new update!

Sure! Sorry I couldn't be of more help on the mobile side specifically, but I'm glad I could provide a workaround for you. If you have any other issues with this, let me know and we'll try to figure something out. Have a great day! 

Just chiming in to say it is absolutely ridiculous there’s no way to bulk clear a queue with one tap, especially since tapping the first song of an album doesn’t automatically add the rest of the album next in the queue! Madness. Making the move to Apple Music if this doesn’t resolve by end of September. 

Scroll to the very last track on the queue 

click on it to play 

this deletes all the tracks before it from queue. 

Enjoy 😉 

Hi @SaiLillith,

Thanks for the tip! I learned something new today. That's very helpful.

Best,

Dani

Hi (-: I discovered today you can clear queue by scrolling to the bottom and playing the last song, which will get rid of all the ones before it! Then clicking "Next song" to get rid of that one

Hey man! I saw this thread looking for a solution and was about to get sad because I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized on accident that if you skip songs in your queue by picking a song further down the line, then all the songs before are eliminated. So if I pick the song highlighted in yellow (look below) then all the blue songs are kicked off the queue to get to the yellow song. SO, we can just pick the song at the bottom of the queue and it will clear up the queue. Not sure if this is how the coders meant it to be as it's not very intuitive but definitely works like a charm.

06ADF59F-4A69-4528-A423-AD8912D4BA21.jpeg

I just figured out a very vague yet working solution to this "Clearing up Queue" issue if you are on an iPhone.

Firstly and importantly, turn off your "Repeat" and "Shuffle" triggers.

Then you will go to your "Queue" list and just quickly start tapping on the "VERY LAST SONG" on the list for like multiple times without stopping until your "Now Playing" player vanishes. Worked like a charm for me and did cleared the entire Queue list for me.

To confirm if this method worked, go to search bar and play any Single of your choice, and go to Queue list to see the results.

Thank me later. Cheers. 😉

Easy fix, thanks. I still can't understand why they don't implement a play next-play later option. So simple.

You have just saved my life! Thank you so much.
I dont know why Spotify team made it so difficult to do a simple thing...

Genius!!! Thanks! Haha

THANK YOU!

I remember this being an issue back when I was more involved in these forums (2012?), but don't use the mobile app much these days so had completely forgotten the answer

Cant believe there's still no clear button - just tapped the first song in a playlist and was completely confused why it kept playing something 'random' instead of the next song in the playlist

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Haha, not been on the forum for a while. I had 105 notifications. This was the fourth most recent from less than a month ago - a like I posted to an answer to this same issue from mid 2012

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-keeps-automatically-changing-playlist/m-p/6...

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Wow! Why don´t Spotify announce this on their official Support page? This is really an hidden feature... Thanks for letting us know.

I figured it out, you can tap on the last song that shows on your queue list to play it, and that clears everything above it

Suggested posts