Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We want an update on the Touch Preview status

We want an update on the Touch Preview status

For more than a month now, people have been complaining about the removal of Touch Preview in iOS.

Al questions, receive the same (one month old) standard response.

It is time that Spotify inform it customers on the status of this disagreement between the customers and the company.

Is Spotify going to listen to the complaints?

16 Replies

Hey @Derots,

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way about Spotify's removal of Touch Preview.

Rest assured, Spotify has been listening to, and continues to, the suggestions, thoughts and complains of its users. It was suggested that it was added back, but due to low engagement/usage rates they've made the informed decision to not restore it and instead focus on improving other features.

This thread and this suggestion helps to explain more.

I know this can be frustrating, but please don't feel as though Spotify is not listening to or appreciating the feedback they recieve. They're a great group of people, and I personally have the upmost respect and admiration for them!

Cheers and feel free to post back with any questions etc you have!

Tim 

I hope they are listening, although all the answers they continue to give refer back to the original statement. In the old statement they refered to the "best performance". In the weeks later they did not tell anyone how the removal of the Touch Preview improved the performance. In my opinion, it decreased the user performance.

Do note that you yourself refer back to the links of one month ago (with new complaints being added daily).

Hey @Derots,

I completely understand your concerns and thoughts, but again, Spotify's all ears! I've passed on your feedback to the team and they've made sure to keep your points in-check when revisiting Touch Preview. 

Spotify's always testing new features and changing old ones to improve the software, so sometimes they've got to discontinue old features to make way for the new. 

Cheers,

Tim

I assume you are an employee of Spotify? 

Can you tell my when Spotify will respond to the 32 pages of comments (and more than 1400 votes) on the link you provided.

Because, being all ears is one thing, but we hope there is more.

Hahaha! I'd love to join the team at Spotify, @Derots, but I'm afraid I'm not. I'm just a volunteer Rising Star from the Community. Spotify staff members will have a little Spotify logo before their name: Moderator

The Spotify Team recently reviewed the suggestion on the 19th September noting that because of low engagement rates, they've instead focused their efforts on improving the more widely-used features.

You can see the original post here 🙂

Again, feel free to give your ideas on the thread as the team over at Spotify will definately still pay attention, and you never know, they might add it back! 

Have a great day, and happy Friday/Saturday!

So, now back to the Spotify employees as I am looking from their input: 

After 1500+ votes and more than 33 pages of comments, what is the current statuis of the Touch Preview option?

Hi.  I only joined Spotify as a premium customer a few of months ago.  However, I have to say, this was the feature I loved about it - I had no idea it was being removed.  One day I came to use it and it had gone!  Is it just Spotify that offer this feature or do other music providers use a touch preview fetaure?

Thanks for posting this forum.  I agree that we need a more satisfying response from Spotify.  I've been after them for over a month regarding this feature for what feels like a lost cause.  

I just decided I've given them long enough and I "voted" with my membership. I just cancelled my family plan.  I realize it's a small move in thier ocean of customers.  But what can I say, I'm a man of principle. 🙂  I'd encourgage others if they really want to be heard... cancel.  

Another week passed, and still no news

Hey all!

Again, thank you all for posting to the community! The current stand from Spotify is Not Right Now. As I quote, that means:

Not right nowWe talked about this internally and it’s not on our pipeline for the next few months or more.

The team at Spotify is in the loop with this all, and I'm sure they'll keep this all in mind when they next review this idea. 

Spotify will always have reasoning behind the removal of a feature, so please be assured that from their perspective, it's the best thing to do for all users.

Cheers all!

Tim

Very Orwellian if non employees are using Corporate Speech.

I asked for an update. Not the repeat of the month old answer.

Hey @Derots,

I 100% appreciate what you're saying and understand where you're coming, but there's only so much information that's publicly known from my point of view Spotify's made the right choice based on what they've said.

For the sake of closure and understanding, I've escalated this again to the Spotify Staff Team.

Have a good day,

Tim

Hey @Derots,

Thanks for reaching out again about the removal of the Touch Preview feature on iOS. We appreciate that it's something you want to see back.

We'd recommend continuing to post any thoughts you have about it on the original thread. Our tech folks and moderators are all monitoring the feedback closely from there.

If there's any future updates, they'll be posted from there, too.

Thanks.

Hi @JackS

Finally someone from Spotify to respond. Much appreciated. Looking forward to the update your team will give on the other page. Hopefully, we do not have to wait this time.

Kind regards

Piet

Almost 2000 votes now. 

Please give us a new update, the last is from September, or we really think it is for rights reasons.

More than 2222 votes now. How many do you need?

Suggested posts