Family Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 12

My Question or Issue

This is very odd. When my wife selects a playlist including ones she has downloaded and the first song ends it jumps to a completely different genre/country in most cases Brazillian music none of which is even in her library. Also shuffle can be turned off on the playlist but the next song still jumps to a random song from somewhere,again Brazilian and not the next song on the plaist. This happens if next song is selected or at the natural end of a song

She is a memeber of the Family Premium account and her profile shows as Premium

9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.4 🙂

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks for replying. Sorry I she is on 12.4, my mistake.

I've logged off the account and back on and turned iPhone off and on with no luck.

However, I couldnt understand why, even after selecting anew album, the second track would always be one of the Brazilian jazz tracks. I noticed she had played but not downloaded a Brazilian Jazz album before. I had to go to the queue and delete all the Brazilian tracks queued up. There were 40 of them. Once deleted next track is as it should be and skip forward works as well.

I can only assume the Brazilian Jazz album had somehow got locked into some sort of permanent queue. Very, very odd

Hey @topgazza,

Could you try Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices options from your Spotify's account page?

Also, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Keep me posted 🙂

It seems OK now Loxer once I had deleted the 40 tracks from the queue. As I say for some reason the Brazilian Jazz album had become a permanent feature of the Queue despite turning everything off and on as suggested. I'll see if anything similar happens again. Many thanks

Hey @topgazza,

Oh, sorry 🙂

Glad it's now solved!

If the same thing happens again or you've got any other question about Spotify I'll be right here.

Have a good one!

Oh no problem. Any advice is always appreciated. Not sure if the wife has accidently selected the whole album as a queue. Not even sure if you can even do that. But the fact that it didn't reset when selecting other albums is very strange.

But seems OK now so I'll come back if I get any other issues.

Thanks again

Hi @topgazza,

I'm glad that you got it working again! So you know, you can add an entire album to the queue by going to the three dot menu on the album page and selecting "add to queue." The way the queue works is that whatever is there will stay there until you listen through it or clear it, even if selecting a new album or playlist to listen to; if you do choose a new album, it will play the first song, resume whatever is in the queue, and then resume what's left in the album after going through everything already in the queue.

Also, I don't know if you used the iOS app or desktop app to clear the queue, but if you have a lot of songs in the queue and want to clear them all, there is a "clear" button on the desktop app that will clear everything instead of having to select them one by one. 🙂 

Hope this helps clear up some mystery about the queue for you.

Best,

Dani

It does and thank you Dani

You're very welcome! Have a great day!

Dani

Suggested posts