NEXT STEP

Weird entries in "recently played" list

Weird entries in "recently played" list

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Irrelevant, the problem occurs on all devices.

Operating System

Irrelevant.

My Question or Issue

As of recently, weird entries started popping up in my "recently played" list. These were songs / albums that I didn't play on one of my devices. Suspecting that somehow my account was compromised, I changed my password, logged out all devices and logged in again. Unfortunately, the weird entries kept popping up again. So, I changed the password once again yesterday, but to no avail. The album "Bleeding Love" from "Leona Lewis" just popped up again whereas I haven't played it.

Somehow, something gets messed up in the Spotify backend here. Can someone please look into this problem?

6 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

I don't think someone else has gained access to my Spotify account. I've already modified my password twice (using strong, generated passwords) whilst logging out from all devices. The problem seems to be due to bugs in the Spotify backend.

It seems to be the same problem various other people have already mentioned in another thread (didn't notice this thread before).

I would recommend contacting Spotify.

To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Thanks, filled out the form. As others are also facing this problem, I'll update this thread in case of new information.

Thank you @reac 🙂

Just note that if you don't see a reply after the automated email just reply to it and support will shortly be with you 🙂

Spotify support immediately blocked my account asking me to proof I was actually the owner of the account. Next to that they took the following actions:

• Reset your account’s email address to: *******
  • Canceled your subscription. You can resume it here.  
  • Reset your active offline devices. This means you need to re-download any music for offline listening.

Given other people are facing the same problem, I have no reason to believe the problem will now be resolved. Will keep you posted.

Suggested posts