Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happened to the recently played section in the new layout?

What happened to the recently played section in the new layout?

So with the new (terrible) library layout, it seems that Spotify has removed the front page that had a list of your recently played albums and playlists. Where has this gone? And I don't mean the "heavy rotation" section of the front page. 

Basically they have made it harder to get to your usual listens. Cheers Spotify. 

10 Replies

Agreed!  The recently played section was basically all I used.  I'm devestating and considering cancelling my premium subscription.  I don't like that I am basically forced to create a new playlist every few days in order to keep tabs on the music I'm listening to.

You can still see your Recently Played on the Home tab. It's different from "Your Heavy Rotation." It should be at the very top of the tab (or at least that's where mine is right now, I don't know if that will change day-to-day). 

Two months ago they had already changed the way the Recently played section worked, before getting back to the ‘good old’ layout, but this time they simply decided to delete it!  This company is total rubbish,  I’ll stop my premium subscription for real this time 

Hi Supertechnik, 

You can find your recently played section under the "Home" tab. 

Sorry but it absolutely doesn’t work the same way. What you’re talking about is a not very ergonomic horizontal list of artists I recently played, but each icon leads to the artist’s complete page, and not to our own list of saved songs from this artist. Spotify should stop trying out new funny concepts when it means getting rid of functional features that are heavily used and appreciated by customers. We’re not guinea-pigs for Spotify’s experiences, we're paying customers  

You're right, it's not the same (I never said it was). But that is where the recently played section is now found. 

Hey everyone, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

Currently you can't only view Recently Played section but you can find it now on the Home screen. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange if you would liked that changed

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Take the day off Loxer. You're not getting paid and your response isn't fixing anything

I agree, the fact that they had it in a verticle scrolling list you could edit was perfect. Now thats gone and its now horizontal and uneditable is horrible for me. It was my most used feature by far. Actually considering moving, can't believe I'm saying that

I generally like songs as I hear them (and decide if I like them enough to hit the button) so my liked songs is usually my *personal* recently played tab for all intents and purposes, but I do really wish we got the actual list back as it is helpful to see what you played in case there was something you liked but missed the first time!

Suggested posts