Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is this new favourites option in the new UI ? Where's my library gone? I'm confused

Solved!

What is this new favourites option in the new UI ? Where's my library gone? I'm confused

Hi

My Spotify app recently updated to the new UI and when I'm saving music it's going to 'Favorite songs' and saving other things in other sections, can anybody explain to me what is happening? I don't like it not all being in one place because I usually shuffle all of my music but I can't now since it's all been split up.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed

The free tier of Spotify on iOS and Android has a new layout and saved music is now under your Playlists, in Favourite Songs. There is no change for Premium tier.

Check out this article for more information!

I see some users have trouble with the aforementioned playlist, so I also suggest going to your desktop app (install from here if you don't have it yet), go to your Songs, select all (Command + A) and add them into a playlist of your choice. This way you should definitely be able to access all the saved music since you just put them all into a playlist. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a lovely day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Please let me know what device, operating system and Spotify version you're using. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hi

I'm using an iPhone X with the newest version of iOS and the newest version of Spotify. The one where it has only 3 tabs on the bottom (excluding the Premium tab) - I should also add that I'm not premium 

Marked as solution

@user-removed

The free tier of Spotify on iOS and Android has a new layout and saved music is now under your Playlists, in Favourite Songs. There is no change for Premium tier.

Check out this article for more information!

I see some users have trouble with the aforementioned playlist, so I also suggest going to your desktop app (install from here if you don't have it yet), go to your Songs, select all (Command + A) and add them into a playlist of your choice. This way you should definitely be able to access all the saved music since you just put them all into a playlist. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a lovely day!

SebastySpotify Star

I absolutely f*!@ing hate this new UI format. It sucks. I didn't agree to update from the previous format either. Change it back. This was the worst update ever. Fire what ever **bleep** thought users would like this

Thank you very much for all your help!

Have a good day!

Suggested posts