Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's up with this new Home screen?

What's up with this new Home screen?

Whats up with the new home screen being random playlist? Its really bad, can I change it back?

1,004 Replies

Update (iOS)

It seems old UI is back - no more unusable tik tok wannabe thing. Great! However (as mentioned ealier) CarpPlay is a complete mess atm. So bad it affects driving safety (kinda)

1. "Recently played" shortcut is gone from a homescreen. All I have is Home/Search/Library. Why is that? Few days ago "recently played" was burried at the very bottom and required A LOT of scrolling (quite distracting when driving)

2. Today CarPlay layout was once again completly rearranged and (suprise) it is even worse now. Instead of having a standard Good Morning/Good Evening" tab with seven most recent things I got a completly random music selection with playlist I dont even know and genre I do not listen to! Like that is not enough - "recently played" is gone EVEN from the bottom menu. It is absent. What I got instead are some random playlist and things I dont want to see/playlist I dont know or didnt listen to for years..

I mean...what the **bleep** is going on there with You guys? First You messed a mobile app to a point it was unusable and was preventing from discovering new music etc. Now CarPlay is useless to a point where it affects driving safety. Today I was trying to play again a playlist I listened to 30 minutes ago. Couldnt find it.

I agree with everything that has been said about this "update". The app is unusable. When applications or programs are updated I usually adapt andove on with my life. This "update" broke the application. When I chatted with customer service they stated they could not roll me back to the old version and it could be two days or two months that I'm stuck with this mess. Why should I pay for something I can't use? As much as I would like to continue using Spotify, I'm actively researching new music streaming options.  I don't want to be forced to watch videos when all I want to so is listen to music. I can't find any of the usual things on the homepage because of the update. Please remove it as soon a possible. 

This new UI is absolutely terrible. Huge useless cards of songs I don't know and don't care about, but worst of all AUTOPLAYING cards with VIDEO while I'm on data and already have the "don't autoplay/only auto on wi-fi" toggle switched.

Tired of every app slowly converting into a tiktok clone. I do not want an endless autoplaying feed of suggested content. At the VERY least the team needs to add an option to turn this off/use the more standard home page.
If this amount of negative feedback gets brushed off as a 'people just hate change and they'll get used to it eventually' thing I WILL be cancelling the family plan I'm paying for (and HAVE been paying for for 3-4 years now.)

The autoplay function is a real pain for the eyes and the brain. And the worst of it is Spotify muting the sound of the other apps even if you don’t want it. Listening to the news of the day on a radio on another app while travelling by train, I used to open Spotify to find music for later use. I can do it anymore cause Spotify mutes any other apps when you launch it. 
That’s my phone but Spotify doesn’t want me to use it like I want. 

Yes that is very annoying autoplaying stuff on a browsing screen. I only get that if I choose the music filter at the top of the screen. I also noticed that they have changed the size of the cards there again to the big full screen ones. Basically guarantees I will never use those filters at the top. As long as I only get that behaviour with the filters that I don’t use I can still live with this. If it becomes default Home Screen behaviour again I’m out of here. 

"AM"? I assume you're not referring to AM radio? 

What do you mean it’s back? I still have the video card shites. Was there an update?

I think it comes back arbitrarily to users, possibly based on when the new
version was forced on them.

If Spotify keeps forcing me (as a premium user) into these beta UI updates, I’m going to riot. This is 2x now that I’ve been subjected to a TikTok scrolling feed with huge squares that auto-play… ITS NOT THE MOVE YALL. NO ONE LIKES IT. 

The new home screen on the iPhone app is terrible... please change it back or at least give us the option to revert back to the older one.

I'm ready to cancel my 6-year sub and switch to Apple Music if this isn't fixed. 

I don't have TikTok. I don't want TikTok. Why does Spotify need to look like TikTok? Please stop this nonsense. 

Echoing what everyone else seems to be asking for which is a revert back to the previous Interface. It's honestly so messy!

I've been a user of Spotify for 10 years and have amassed a beautiful collection of music and Spotify played such a pivotal role in discovering artists from different genres, cultures and countries i wouldn't have had the privilege of discovering before. 

It was a wonderful app way ahead all others but now, as someone else has stated in their comments, it's like they've lost their purpose and instead of being a music app they are modelling themselves as the latest social media app.

I dont want to waste my time filtering through those autoplay cards and marking off what im not interested in when Spotify have been catering to my Interests marvellously for the last decade.

Showing music videos as the song played was a cute touch, a mix of visual and audio enjoyment and sometimes the teaser was enough to send me to YouTube to look up the music video but bombarding me with the visuals of artists i dont listen to as I attempt to find the artists that I do and have recently listened to is enough to make me close the app.

The personal nature of Spotifys algorithm was its crown jewel, now, I'm not even sure it's still there. I'm bombarded with mainstream pop and tik tok sped up edits of songs that I dont listen to.

My daily mixes are made up of the same group of songs everyday, my release radar very rarely has artists i actually listen to. 

I don't know what's going on with Spotify lately and the thought of having to find another app leaves me a little bereft as its been such a beautiful app but its becoming unbearable, unusable and cookie cutter. 

We're not all tik tokers, influencers or happy with the chokehold 2 major social media apps has on people as a whole. Where's the individualty gone??

And I'm in my 20s btw, this isnt some rant on the youth of today but the loss of a wonderful experience and tool. I sincerely hope Spotify designers listen to the complaints and walk away from this particular change.

We miss you Spotify.

I have relied on the "recently played" functionality for almost my entire time with Spotify, and now it's gone. In its place is a bunch of **bleep** I don't want, didn't search for, don't like, and don't want to listen to.  If I want new stuff, I'll use the song/artist/etc radio.

Turn this new home screen off and give me back my recently played lists!  There are very few things that have happened in the past that have made me consider other services but if the new home screen is here to stay, I'll find somewhere else to listen to my music. 

This new Home Screen is terrible! If you don’t go back to the old one at the very least, please go back to something that is similar. The “album picks” and “recommended for today” were some of the best features of the app. Now there is an “auto-play” of 17 albums/podcasts which is…

1. way less content than before.

2. Incredibly more annoying than before.

a very old saying goes, “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

please try something different even if you don’t go back to the old Home Screen. 
However, I’m sure the vast majority of the loyal patrons would just prefer what we had before.

thanks for hearing us out. 

This new Home Screen is terrible! If they don’t go back to the old one at the very least, please go back to something that is similar. The “album picks” and “recommended for today” were some of the best features of the app. Now there is an “auto-play” of 17 albums/podcasts which is…

1. way less content than before.

2. Incredibly more annoying than before.

a very old saying goes, “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

please try something different even if you don’t go back to the old Home Screen. 
However, I’m sure the vast majority of the loyal patrons would just prefer what we had before.

thanks for hearing us out. 

Amazon Music is my guess.  Been trying it myself.  No giant canvas **bleep** like Shitify.

The new homescreen ist awful. These full-page cards waste so much space without providing any information at all. An endless scrolling feed may be all hip in social networks with User generated content but you are forgetting that Spotify is a music App. There is no need for an endless scrolling feed.

When you want to be hip, at least provide a way to switch back to a efficient and useful homescreen UI.

Home screen of cards unusable. Only solution is to delete the app and go in via the browser.

The new home screen is a disaster. the huge cards are rubbish in themselves, plus the videos in the cards play with sound without being asked - despite the cell phone being muted. absolutely useless if you want to browse in an environment where no sound is simply desired. why is it that only me having this new home screen - nobody else I know has the same horrible Homescreen. If that doesn't change as soon as possible, I'll go back to Apple Music.

The new UI is a reason for me to end my duo premium and get something else. Why the **bleep** someone even thought that this new UI is great for anything? AUTOPLAY with video??

And it even seems, that this UI has been on testing for some time and even during the test phase ppl had absolute hate for it. So why did you push it to the public??

This is horrible. How do we change it back?

Suggested posts