Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What speaker would allow you to stream Spotify Premium in a Hospital through Ipad or mac laptop?

What speaker would allow you to stream Spotify Premium in a Hospital through Ipad or mac laptop?

I am trying to find out what kind of speaker to get so that someone staying in the hospital for two weeks will be able to stream their spotify premium through their ipad or mac laptop using either bluetooth or the hospitals wifi network. The hospital enourages wifi devices but I do not know if the network is 'guest' or password free. The person in question has a Sonos Play 1, but I recently found that that won't work. I don't know if AirPlay or Bluetooth is the better solution, but I really only have one shot to get functionality right. Any ideas? It woudl really help psychologically if they had their music with them while they recover. Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey there, I would daresay that a Bluetooth speaker would be your safest option to get it right on the first try, that way you won't run into any potential troubles with the hospital wifi (unintentionally) restricting Spotify Connect.

I don't have any suggestions on speakers though, it may help if we had an idea of what stores you have access to, what your budget is, etc.

Hey,

Thanks for confirming what I suspected, but was not certain of.

I'm going to go with the Bose Soundlink Color Bluetooth. It was in my top 3 for bluetooth, but it's also the only one available in store within a reasonable driving distance. (I need it before Tuesday AM.)

hcm676

Cool, sounds good. No worries, let us know if you have any further queries.

Suggested posts