Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What the heck?!!

What the heck?!!

I'm a spotify premium subscriber. What the heck happened to Blind Melon?!! 2 of their songs disappeared from a playlist and don't show up at all when I search for them. The songs are "Tones of Home" and " The Pusher". Additionally, when I search for Blind Melon, only their "For my Friends" album appears.
I just updated Spotify on 7/9/14 to version 1.4.1. I'm using IOS 7.1.1 on an iPhone 5.
Very disappointing for $10.99 per month!
3 Replies

ahhh nooo I love Blind Melon ๐Ÿ˜ž
So there are many different reasons a band or artist's music will get removed from Spotify's catalog. The Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream was removed recently from the US which was super disappointing to me as that is one of my favorite albums, however sometimes artists will choose to remove certain content from certain countries for various copyright reasons. This happens particularly often when a band has album reissues coming out etc... although it could really be for any reason. Basically, odds are Blind Melon themselves or a representative, not Spotify, removed a lot of their content from Spotify in the US for some reason or another.

If you're really a big fan, I'd recommend downloading your favorite albums onto your computer locally and syncing them to Spotify's app on your phone.

FYI - being a premium member doesn't make a difference in terms of songs availability. Free members and premium members all get the same song catalog.

Suggested posts